Valued Contributor

Re: Beekman 1802 Holiday Bounty Box Question

It was at Christmas and did include a cuticle oil. There were 3 items. I hope you like it. I use the cuticle cream. It lasts forever.

Valued Contributor

@Linmo   This is the first one. It was so beautiful I couldn't bring myself to use it until almost a year later.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if Beekman is carried at any retail stores? I’d like to smell in person some of the scents before buying online.
Super Contributor

You can find them in small boutiques, but I don’t think they sell to any major retailer.  Some of their products used to be in Target (food items, if I recall), but no longer.  You might check their website to see if they have an option to see where their products are sold near you.

Respected Contributor

As for whether a bounty box is a good value,  that's hard to answer without evaluating the specific products in a given box.  Will you use them all?   Are there other ways of getting the same or similar products at lower cost?  Is the packaging worth something to you?

Beekman packaging is beautiful and the bounty boxes and other nicely packaged items make lovely gifts.  If you are buying for yourself,  then you need to decide how important is the packaging/presentation.  

Generally sets are better value than buying the products individually.   But often the cost per item in a today's special or sets that are featured during a visit will be better priced than new bounty boxes or gift sets.   At least that is my experience. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the seasonal bounty boxes for 2 years for my sister and me.  The presentation was always lovely, so much so, we hated disturbing it.

The boxes are well worth it if you like the scent and use the products. (or are able to give them away)  Truthfully there were only a few we loved. (she loved Iris and Aloe and I loved Summer Grass)  We both disliked Clematis.

I've given away a lot of Beekman products but I still have more soap (and I'm a bar soap junkie) and lip gloss than I'll use in my lifetime.

I cannot watch any of these programs or I'll get suckered into buying more.  For some reason I cannot say no to soaps, lotions & potions. (and pizza)

Trusted Contributor

I bought a couple of things after reading some of the discussion here on the boards and while the items smell nice, the body lotion is thin and has dimethicone in it. For anyone who has very dry or sensitive skin, these products aren't very moisturizing and could cause reaction. Goats milk is way down on their ingredients list. The boxes will make lovely gifts but if you are looking for effective products for yourself, check Silly Goats. I just received an order of the face and lavender vanilla body lotion. I haven't tried the face lotion yet but the body lotion smells divine and is thick and very moisturizing, Silly Goats is an organic brand and uses 25% goats milk according to their website. They are also located in New York. Just an FYI in the event anyone would like to check out another line. I have allergy issues to anything with silicone in it. Silly Goats products are also good for those with roseacea, eczema and other skin disorders. 

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

I bought the seasonal bounty boxes for 2 years for my sister and me.  The presentation was always lovely, so much so, we hated disturbing it.

The boxes are well worth it if you like the scent and use the products. (or are able to give them away)  Truthfully there were only a few we loved. (she loved Iris and Aloe and I loved Summer Grass)  We both disliked Clematis.

I've given away a lot of Beekman products but I still have more soap (and I'm a bar soap junkie) and lip gloss than I'll use in my lifetime.

I cannot watch any of these programs or I'll get suckered into buying more.  For some reason I cannot say no to soaps, lotions & potions. (and pizza)

@lulu1 HAHA. Same here!!! I cannot say no to soaps, lotions and potions. (and Chinese Food instead of pizza for me).

I am staying away from the Beekman Bounty Box, too. Because I still have plenty of Beekman products in my closet.