Respected Contributor

Re: Beekman 1802 Bath & Body Celebration - HSN TS Sunday July 12th

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I just started using the soap and have broken out in a rash, my eyes are irritated and I seem to be having an allergic reaction.

I thought this was "purer" than most soaps and "good" for sensitive skin.  The only other product that ever made me break out was a body lotion with mango in it.  So I don't think I have unusually sensitive skin.

I read some reviews that said it made them break out too - along with drying out the skin.

@Isobel Archer 

I've just started using Beekman products so I can't be of much help. I did read one review on HSN that they had an allergic reaction to the Ylang Yland & Tuberose scent but don't have problems with others. What scent are you having an allergic reaction to?

Hopefully others who use Beekman will respond.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

I got the 4 bars with lavendar oil - I wonder if that is the culprit.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer 

It very well could be. Have you ever had a problem with products that contain lavender essential oil? I've read that some people can't use products with lavender because of sensitivity. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

I don't think I've used anything with lavender essential oil before.  The only problem I ever had was a body lotion that had mango in it.  Apparently there is something in the mango. extracts that can cause irritation - although I can eat mango just fine.

Overall, my skin feels dry and itchy, apart from the rash, but putting other body lotion (not Beekmans) on helped somewhat.

I also didn't get the great foaming suds from the soap that they showed on TV.

Looking at the 1 and 2 star reviews on HSN  - quite a few others had the same reaction I did so I'm thinking this just may not be for me.  Glad it works for others tho.