Honored Contributor

Re: Bee enigma bee venom face cream presentation

We have beekeepers in our community and have heard the same thing about consuming a little local honey every day. I have a little concoction in the morning of warm water, juice of half a lemon, and about a tablespoon or so of local honey.
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
We have beekeepers in our community and have heard the same thing about consuming a little local honey every day. I have a little concoction in the morning of warm water, juice of half a lemon, and about a tablespoon or so of local honey.

@JeanLouiseFinch, if you have allergies, have you noticed that they have diminished with the intake of local honey. I get really bad allergies a few weeks every spring and fall (just getting over the Spring round, and it was a doozy!), and I've seriously considered getting some local honey and trying. 

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch, if you have allergies, have you noticed that they have diminished with the intake of local honey. I get really bad allergies a few weeks every spring and fall (just getting over the Spring round, and it was a doozy!), and I've seriously considered getting some local honey and trying. 

Hi @FUTURE.  I don't have respiratory type allergies, but someone told me that taking the local honey will keep you from getting some of the run of the mill stuff so I thought, "what the he*k, I'll give it a try".  It certainly won't hurt me.  It's easy to mix up and it's in a small glass so I can down it and get it over with.  Consistency is key and you have to do it before you fell like you're coming down with something.  If you're going to try it, you should probably get started soon.  I also use this same honey as our table honey.

Trusted Contributor

I had not seen this BeeNigma face Cream until last night and decided to go check out the ingrediant deck and the reviews. After previously getting often caught up in hype and advertising I now am a skeptic and do my homework before buying. LOL  I shake my head when some reviewers deem this face cream "natural" when there is a plathora of artificial additives including alcohols and petroleum to name a few not so natural ingrediants. And also see that the minute amount of "bee venom" is one of the last or the last ingrediant listed which means there is so little bee venom added that the benefits of being a botox alternative are probably non existent and quite disingenious. The fact this very expensive cream comes in a jar also means most of the ingrediants (mainly all except the honey) will oxidize and not stay fresh and the cream will become contaminated if fingers used to scoop out the product. Sometimes I wonder if people get the "placebo affect" when looking at certain reviews and because they "think something is natural and much money is spent they think it will work". Just because there is a unknown amount of honey and very negligable amt of bee venom does not mean a product is natural for sure. Due to the above critique I didnt buy. The saturated and over claimed beauty industry continues to part women of their hard earned money. AM glad some are becoming and are more discriminating consumers who see past the hype and glory..

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

Gee, I think that concoction is called lemonade, LOL!  Might as well whip up a big pitcher of it for the week, save you some time every morning!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch,

Gee, I think that concoction is called lemonade, LOL!  Might as well whip up a big pitcher of it for the week, save you some time every morning!  Smiley LOL

LOL, @River Song, you made me laugh.  It's really not lemonade, though, given the proportions. 

Contributor

I didn't see a disclaimer about bee venom MAYBE causing a bad reaction if someone is allergic to bees. Did I miss it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lenij1020 wrote:

I didn't see a disclaimer about bee venom MAYBE causing a bad reaction if someone is allergic to bees. Did I miss it?

Yes you must have missed it. They had a disclaimer on the screen that said something like "WARNING: if you are allergic to bees do not use"

Honored Contributor

The people in my co-op that are beekeepers told me that it is the pollen that they eat in minute portions to help with allergies not really the honey. I suppose it is based on homeopathic ideology.

I just prefer the manuka over other types because of its' proven superiority in terms of benefits. It is true all true honey has great benefits but the manuka is above and beyond the typcial honey, including local honey, which is also great, just not as much so. There is alot of research about manuka being the superior type of honey, especially the higher the UMF. But ingesting any type of honey (PURE honey!)  definitely has its' benefits so if you don't want to pay the higher price, thenn go for the regular honey types.

Respected Contributor

I have some manuka. I guess I need to get to eating it!!