Respected Contributor

What do you ladies do to keep your hair from getting crazy at night?? Lol, I really don't know how to say all this....  I seem to JUST started having this issue! For some reason, when I wake up, my hair is somewhat smashed up with pointy top. Especially when I use spray or other products. My hair is slightly coarse, this is making a crease on the side/top of hair that won't easily go away. I don't wash my hair every day, & I don't spray it everyday. I am retired, & don't even really "fix" it everyday, unless going out.  Don't have satin pillow case, maybe this or a cap of some sort?? 

Honored Contributor

Satin type pillow case will help.  I have the same problem but I shampoo my hair everyday and apply conditioner, when going some place I use a hair gel.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Had to laugh as i too have this problem. I call it Rooster Head! LOL

My hair is very thick and chin length and I don't wash it everyday anymore. I find I need to use a combable hairspray, Kenra, and make sure I brush my hair at night after washing my face etc. Also, the type of pillow means alot and need one that isn't hot like a My Pillow. I brush it again the the moring and just dampen a bit and use the hairdryer to do a quick restyle and reactivate the products.

Respected Contributor

A satiny sleep cap should help. I like the ones with a stretchy band.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bedhead-HELP!!

[ Edited ]

That makes me chortle and giggle and laugh so much. I got up one day and scared myself.  It was scary!!  

I've read too about satin pillow cases helping.

Super Contributor

I love this question and can't wait to hear more of all of your suggestions! I HAVE a satin pillow case and I still wake up with hair that is flat on the sides and a point on the top of my head!

My hair is coarse and naturally curly. Shoulder length. This is all new to me because I always had short hair.

Honored Contributor

My hair is long so I just put it up in a top-knot.

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair and wash every other day. I do the pineapple thing at night. Put your hair in as high a pony tail as you can. It keeps the curls intact and prevents the dreaded flat on top look in the morjing.

Frequent Contributor

Same problem here!  It's like the day I turned 65, my hair started sticking up in back when I got up each morning.  I looked like my mama and it really made me feel like an old lady!  I have a little natural curl in the back so I started using my Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist on it and just placed it with my fingers (not a comb or brush). I let it air dry and it looks pretty good.  I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps a hairnet will suffice.  If that does not work try a lined shower cap.  The hairnet should work and I actually need to get myself one.  I wake up looking like I am the leader of a punk band.  lol   Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength