Honored Contributor

Bed Bath and Beyond: Changing Return Policy

This article is timely since BBB was mentioned as a good place to buy big ticket items because of their return policy. Next month the policy is changing. LINK

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond: Changing Return Policy

Seems pretty reasonable. Just keep your receipt! If it is a wedding gift, it will be in the system. They did say they will deduct 20%, if you cannot produce a receipt AND they cannot locate it in their system. Most people shop with a 20% coupon, I know I do. If I ran out, I try to borrow one. Right now I have many stockpiled.

Most places if you save the scan tag from your item (keep them in a jar or drawer) they can scan it, and find your purchase.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info!
Honored Contributor

It sounds reasonable. Thanks for the heads up.
Honored Contributor

completely reasonable.

One thing I found odd though is that I returned an item once and only once to BB&B. It was a $12 item (a shower liner in the wrong color) and my husband had the receipt with him several stores down from where I was. Instead of waiting for him, I just opted to process without it. They did find the transaction since I used a CC and did take off the 20% coupon i had used but my only option was to get store credit since I didn't have the physical receipt onhand. This article makes it sound like you could get your money credited back to your CC if they found the transaction which wasn't the case in my situation.

Esteemed Contributor

Just wait, people will come here and b*t*h about their new return policy.

Personally, I'm all for the new return policy.

Trusted Contributor

Shoekitty - I have them stockpiled too. I have a shopping bag in my trunk that must have at least 100 or more now. I just don't get there as much as I'd like. I appreciate the fact that they will always accept them, expired or otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

It certainly sounds reasonable.

And makes no difference to me. I have never tried to return anything anywhere without a receipt. How hard is it to hold onto a receipt?

I love BB&B. I shop there all the time, and have never had even the slightest negative experience. It's my go-to store for lots of things!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/23/2015 NYC Susan said:

It certainly sounds reasonable.

And makes no difference to me. I have never tried to return anything anywhere without a receipt. How hard is it to hold onto a receipt?

I love BB&B. I shop there all the time, and have never had even the slightest negative experience. It's my go-to store for lots of things!

I feel the same regarding receipts. Once they begin to overload my wallet, I move them to an envelope where I hang on to them until I know 100% that I have no need for them. It's amazing how simple returns can be when you hang on to receipts - I never have a problem.

I was sick this past year and could not get out to a few places where I needed to return some items. Once I was finally able, it was long past their return period yet instead they gave me store credit for the full amount I paid. Since it had been months in some cases, I thought that was more than fair. They would have just looked at me as if to say "so sad, too bad" had I not had my receipts.

Trusted Contributor

not really anything shocking, just keep the receipts. Who wouldn't do that for a big tocket item anyway in case it breaks?

Either way with or without, taking something back there will not leave you empty handed, even a store credit is better than nothing.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.