Esteemed Contributor

Re: Becca TSV - Back It Goes

@CANDLEQUEEN You should be fine applying Ultimate Foundation using a damp Beauty Blender sponge.  This foundation has to be applied quickly and sparingly.  It really does only take a dot to cover most.  That's the best way to start.  If after applied it appears you need a bit more here or there you can go back and add a dab here and there.  Once you master applying, it really is a great full coverage long wear foundation. 

That said, I have to agree that some won't like the color they've purchased in the TSV because the undertones are yellow.  Off the top of my head I think there are 20 colors of Ultimate, and QVC only offered 8, so it figures many will not have their correct shade in the product.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder what application method you all are using? Did any of you try blending the foundtion with the primer ( my preferred method now) before applying? Are you using fingers, a foundation brush or sponge? I use a brush or sponge. Although I've never used Becca foundation, I use a variety of their other products and love the primers. My regular foundation is fairly dry and thick, but I have no problems with application. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Becca TSV - I think I like it

HI all I just got the kit a few minutes ago I ordered the tan, I applied the Primer which is very light  in texture and the under eye cover and the foundation and I must say it is a good match. I will test it for a few days Smiley Happy 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I was back in Ulta this PM & sampled the BECCA liquid foundation in the Sand color on my inner wrist. It looked yellowish but dried to match well my skin. Sadly Sand was not available here for sale as a color for the TSV.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I flirted with the idea of gettng the TSV, but felt that Becca’s face did not look very good at all during the presentations. I expected her skin to look flawless, and it was far from. Kind of blotchy and glimmery, so I said no (-: 

Valued Contributor

wrote:

I flirted with the idea of gettng the TSV, but felt that Becca’s face did not look very good at all during the presentations. I expected her skin to look flawless, and it was far from. Kind of blotchy and glimmery, so I said no (-: 

Taste really does vary because I LOVE mine. Received it quickly and have been using it since this weekend. I loath any type of shimmer or glimmer and this kit doesn't have it. The foundation is more matte than glowy. It is thick so if not used properly its possible it could be blotchy (the foundation shouldn't be applied with fingers). The eye corrector has some sheen as well as the primer but both are subtle. 

Honored Contributor

I finally received my TSV. I really like it! My lipgloss was damaged, it came without a doe tip applicator, so I will have to purchase an applicator. It wasn't worth sending back the whole kit for that though. I applied my foundation with a Damp Beauty Blender Sponge, and it went on great.

I didn't find it super thick at all, but I don't think this is the kind of foundation to be applied with fingers for the best application.

I will have to experiement a little with the under eye brightener, I may have used a tad too much this morning, but it blends really well.

The highlighter I have used before, so I know to apply that with a very light hand....It is very pretty.

All in all I am happy with my kit, I did not try the primer this morning, will try that tomorrow morning!

Happy that I purchased it, and look forward to more Becca shows in the future, and perhaps they will bring in more foundation shades as well!

Honored Contributor

One thing I will add is that I wish they would have given those with Tan skin and above, the darker under eye brightener, since they just came out with the darker shade.....That would have been perfect.

Contributor

Mine was dropped off at the post office yesterday. I am 62 and it showed every pore and wrinkle. Made me look 75 ugh!! Hope the upcoming Mally TSV is nice

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I received my kit yesterday and am giving it a test run today.  I presume it was the Tan shade you purchased based on your earlier post.  I was very torn between the Nude and Noisette - went with the Nude after seeing Amy Stran (whom I normally judge by) but during her presentation of the TSV wearing the Noisette, she looked like she had been heavily self-tanning leaning sort of orange.  I'd probably be able to pull off either shade but seeing it's the dead of the winter here in NY I chose the Nude.

Was the Noisette not dark or tan enough for your complexion? 

So far I'm liking the all in the kit - the foundation I applied the same way as you with the damp beauty blender and I feel this would be the only way to apply this particular foundation.  Happy with it overall.