Honored Contributor

Re: Becca TSV - Back It Goes

@CANDLEQUEEN I just use a very small amount and then pat the under eye brightener on with my finger. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I just use a very small amount and then pat the under eye brightener on with my finger. 

@jaxs mom Thanks! I figured I used too much, but the good thing was that it blended in really well.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN  I received my kit yesterday and am giving it a test run today.  I presume it was the Tan shade you purchased based on your earlier post.  I was very torn between the Nude and Noisette - went with the Nude after seeing Amy Stran (whom I normally judge by) but during her presentation of the TSV wearing the Noisette, she looked like she had been heavily self-tanning leaning sort of orange.  I'd probably be able to pull off either shade but seeing it's the dead of the winter here in NY I chose the Nude.

Was the Noisette not dark or tan enough for your complexion? 

So far I'm liking the all in the kit - the foundation I applied the same way as you with the damp beauty blender and I feel this would be the only way to apply this particular foundation.  Happy with it overall.

@fitfuninformed The tan fit me perfectly. I am betting I could even go one shade darker in the summer months, depending on how much I am outside....The color right before Tan looked a little too light, and I would have been right, as Tan is a perfect match for me. My skin tone is a medium Tan with Yellow.golden undertones, so in most makeup brands I would be a Tan. I am similar in coloring to the model Deana. I love the Beauty Blender Sponge........

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN  What a beautiful skintone to have - I always admire women with complexions such as that.  That sure must make choosing your foundation shade simple when ordering from QVC, as long as you see Deanna appearing in any of the presentations!   I lean more medium tan when offered, such as IT's newer shade they offer - quite perfect for me (Italian - medium/olive undertone).  However, there was something off about the Noisette color in my opinion.  There is a model Jill who wears the medium tan in IT and this same model was in the Becca presentations wearing that Noisette and something just looked wrong.  To make matters even worse, this same model Jill was used in the shade chart wearing the Nude which REALLY confused things - they were all over the map!!

The model Jill though doesn't truly give you the right reference point when it comes to shades because her wanting to even out her freckled complexion as opposed to matching her overall complexion and true undertone, if that makes any sense???  See what happens when you're limited to shade selections!

I think I put WAY too much thought into all this...

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed If you just want to try the foundation, you can go on Becca's website-they have a much more detailed look at their foundation colors, and they offer a lot, maybe 20 or so.....Also Ulta carries their foundation, and I had gone in there maybe 4 or 5 months ago, and tried the foundation, so I remembered that Tan worked for me......Foundation is one thing that if you get the wrong color, it makes everything else look bad on your face..... 

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy the TSV, but I did order a couple of Becca items I saw on Q's beauty channel a while back.  Returned all.

Respected Contributor

I am enjoyng mine.  I have limited experience with highlighters. I use a fan brush to highlight the top of my cheekbones and like the look.  I tried LG Diamond dust and that was too glaring . This is softer. 

The foundation is yellow and I am a Neutral but covers well and ok. The concealer seems to stay on and not crease. The gloss is shiny and pretty.

Glad I went up a shade to the medium. I use the Primer before and have not had a problem applying.

Esteemed Contributor

@fitfuninformed, I echo @CANDLEQUEEN suggestion of checking out the foundation colors on the Becca's website or if there is an Ulta near most Ulta branches have the Becca brand. 

The shades darker than Tan beginning with Bamboo and Fawn really become quite rich and are actually more suited to the lightest skintones among women of color (think skintones like Rachel Bosing, Leah Williams and Gabrielle Kerr).