Respected Contributor

I love Becca's Highlighters, but their foundation is the worst I ever used.  Got my tsv today and it's horrible!!   Color is way too light for me but most of all, it's very chalky and hard to even spread on your face.  It's super dry going on.   It's the worst foundation I ever purchased.  It's already packaged up to be returned.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Becca TSV - Back It Goes

Thanks for the review. And happy you're returning rather than tossing. Tossing only hurts the purchaser. So many ppl don't take the minutes to package it up and return the items, which doesn't hurt the company purchased from, it hurts their wallet. Sorry it didn't work for you. Been there. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

wrote:

Thanks for the review. And happy you're returning rather than tossing. Tossing only hurts the purchaser. So many ppl don't take the minutes to package it up and return the items, which doesn't hurt the company purchased from, it hurts their wallet. Sorry it didn't work for you. Been there. 

@LoveMyBaby  Thank you.  I agree, but there was no way I was keeping this after paying 60 bucks for it.  I'm a makeup junkie and have several liquid foundations here, but I was totally shocked at this one.  I'm curious how many other people will return this.  I can't believe this fabulous company that makes great highlighters and liquid blushes could produce a very sub standard foundation.  Live and learn I guess.  Have a great week. 

Honored Contributor

That was fast.  I think you need to apply Becca's foundation right after you apply your moisturizer.  I know at ULTA they do not have all shades and they were way too yellow for me.  I think Becca takes highlighters to a whole new level.  A little is okay but too much makes women look like clowns.  A woman does not to be shining from ear to ear but rather a hint of lighlighter on the cheekbones IMO.  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received mine and like it so far. I've been on a retin-A routine for a month routine so my face is dry, very red and patchy as it adapts. Ordered this for a high coverage foundation and it does just that, covers well and doesn't dry my face out. Ddn't even use a primer underneath just a moisturizer. Used a beauty blender and it went on well. It is thick but that is exactly what I wanted. Love the eye corrector and lip gloss.

Super Contributor

I went to ULTA to test items and they were way to yellow for me.....glad I did!

Trusted Contributor

@Blingqueen023sorry about that Bling.

Foundation in sets like these are hard to sell I think and even I find it hard to even decide to buy sight unseen - it's  why I passed on it - but needed nothing from it.have so much and Becca products (notice they didn't sell out of colors - many tsv's in kits do)..it says something about the set-up of this TSV.

I thought the colors and foundation wouldn't be good from the get go as they did not show all of them as seen on their website and Sephora..

I am a foundation snob and still love trying new ones but Becca as much as I love the products - even from way back until no...[ I didn't like the swatches online - I saw so many on Google's images] ..odd for me but never sampled them in sephora and when they used to be at nord's but colors even back at nords didnt temp me and I was a real diehard makeup addict then.. they looked odd to me..yellow/pasty?something like that. I can't go buy looking at Qvc's models...it looks good on them color-wise but they are not me and its under bright lights!

I am really trying not to buy from sets anymore! unless I KNOW the stuff Smiley Wink

Take care

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Frequent Contributor

Sadly, I returned mine yesterday.  I recieved it on Saturday and tried several ways to make it work.  I realized if I am trying so hard its just not worth it.  It dries way to fast to be spread evenly.  Its too bad, I really wanted to like the Becca foundation.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I went to ULTA to test items and they were way to yellow for me.....glad I did!

That is exactly what I did.  They were all to yellow and the foundation was thick and hard to put on.  It looked like I was wearing a mask.  It's one of the worst foundations I have ever tried.  I did like the primer and got that through Ebay for $8.

Honored Contributor

I haven't received mine yet, but I have yellow undertones, so hopefully the foundation will work for me. I apply my foundation now with a damp Beauty Blender Sponge, and that seems to work well for me, as I don't need full coverage. I can apply very thinly with my damp sponge. If mine doesn't work it will also go back, as I am not paying 60.00 for something that I am unhappy with.....