Honored Contributor

Becca, Please Improve Foundation Shades

I for one cannot wear any of their shades.  I am a fair/light, pink undertone and Becca's shades are soooooooooooo YELLOW.  Perhaps women with more color to their skin will not have problems with their shades but for fair and light women the shades are terrible.  Anyone experience problems with their shades?  Please share your story.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Becca, Please Improve Foundation Shades

When I tested the shades I was interested in, I found them yellow based. I did like that they came with a pump. I would have preferred a clear pump bottle so a person could see when you were running low. 

I have to agree, more either pink or neutral based shades.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I'm glad I saw this thread.  I was almost going to purchase this TSV in a moment of weakness.  I'm committed to IT, but sometimes when seeing a new line, I'm a bit tempted to try something new just for fun, but now knowing that the foundation has a yellow undertone, it's a definite NO for me.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWifeLove your sig!  Smiley Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Never gonna happen. I agree with you 100%.

Regular Contributor

I agree. I bought "Shell" a couple of months ago for my fair/cool skin and it's SO yellow. I wish they had offered "Porcelain" in the TSV, I really wanted to try it to see if it was cooler toned. So, I did not buy. 

Valued Contributor

If you visit their website or Sephoras site, they do have a shades. They just aren't available on QVC. It is ridiculous when all of the shades aren't offered on QVC. it would increase they sales no doubt.

Contributor

It's big bird yellow on my neutral tone face. I can't use their foundations at all.

Esteemed Contributor

What I noticed in the demonstrations was that the models had red bare skin. (So yellow cancels out red.) Why do they think everyone is red like that?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

When I tested the shades I was interested in, I found them yellow based. I did like that they came with a pump. I would have preferred a .clear pump bottle so a person could see when you were running low. 

I have to agree, more either pink or neutral based shades.

I went to Ulta to see the shades and they were all deep  yellow base and the texture was so thick.  It looked like a mask on.  I thought it was one of the worse foundations I have ever tried. I am just glad that I was able to go to Ulta to try it first before ordering the.  It saved a return. I will stick with Laura Mercier foundation.