Valued Contributor

Do any of you ladies use (pressed powder version)  Becca highlighter?  They had quite a bit of hype a few years ago, but I never actually purchased one.  I am on the hunt for a cruelty free, subtle highlighter that would work on very fair skin.  I was thinking either "pearl" or "moonstone" might be worth trying.

Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

Do any of you ladies use (pressed powder version)  Becca highlighter?  They had quite a bit of hype a few years ago, but I never actually purchased one.  I am on the hunt for a cruelty free, subtle highlighter that would work on very fair skin.  I was thinking either "pearl" or "moonstone" might be worth trying.

Thanks!!

If you decide on Becca, they are closing at the end of September.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I have fair skin and like both of those colors. I probably like pearl a little more but you can't go wrong with either. I'm bummed they are closing. 

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss  Did you know they are going out of business in Sept.?  I am not sure on the date because i read about this a while back.  Maybe they are having a sale.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Becca Highlighters

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

@mom2four0418 

Yes, I saw Becca was going out of business  Smiley Sad

I happened to notice Ulta having the lighter shades on sale for half price, which made me think now would be a good time to grab one while I still can.  I had been using a MAC highlighter (hit pan a while ago), and want to replace it with a cruelty free product 

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse 

would you mind me asking why you prefer the "pearl" shade?  
I have very fair skin that leans slightly cool.  I am slightly oily, and so I steer clear of strong highlights.  Do you think the pearl might work better for me too?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@GenXmuse 

would you mind me asking why you prefer the "pearl" shade?  
I have very fair skin that leans slightly cool.  I am slightly oily, and so I steer clear of strong highlights.  Do you think the pearl might work better for me too?

Thanks!

Sure! My complexion is on the cool side too, (though I have combination skin) and I like that it doesn't look like I'm wearing highlighter just that my skin looks more luminescent and bright, so maybe pearl is your best choice. I need to get some backups since this is the only highlighter I've ever liked. They may even discount them at some point which would be awesome!

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse Thank you!  I am off to order one now Smiley Happy

Ulta has both the pearl shade on sale right now for half price!

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

@GenXmuse Thank you!  I am off to order one now Smiley Happy

Ulta has both the pearl shade on sale right now for half price!

You're welcome and I'm right behind you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Becca Highlighters

[ Edited ]

I've got sooo many highlighters (Becca, Bare Minerals, Benefit and Huda).  Maybe more.  Only one I'm wearing right now is Huda NYMPH and looooove it soooo much Smiley Happy  Wearing it on top of bronzer that I'm wearing as "blush".  Benefit "Cookie" was my go to till Huda.

Benefit Cookie

Cookie Swatch