Trusted Contributor

Beautypedia recommendations are winners!!

Before I set out for the drugstore to pick up a couple of eyeliners, I went to Paula's Choice "Beautypedia" section to check for 5-star reviews and boy, am I glad that I did. Ended up with: L'oreal infallible lacquer 24-hour liner in dark slate ($8.47) and ELF  cream eyeliner in coffee ($3). Both of them came with a brush, which I didn't plan on using, but will probably put the L'oreal one in the make-up bag I keep for travel. I've already tried the ELF & am pleasantly surprised. Don't know if you guys have checked out the Beautypedia portion before, but I keep a running list of my favorites, exclusively from her 5-star review section. Beautypedia has made my purchases of drugstore cosmetics so much easier. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Beautypedia recommendations are winners!!

@joannecha Thanks for reminding me that Bp exists. Will check out the site soon.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Glad you found things you love from BP.

I have been using it as a resource for about 10 years now but some of the recommendations have been duds for me, some have been good. I still like to use it as a resource and do very much appreciate her scientific based statements regarding certain ingredients but I find her recommendations for cosmetics not the best for me many times. And a few things she didn't rate highly (NOT due to the ingredients but the wear, pigment, etc) I actually really like. So it is hit and miss with me. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

thank you for your post.  i always forget to check and i should make a list like you do!

Esteemed Contributor

I look at Beautypedia but usually it's after I bought a product. I have a bunch of under eye concealers and some Beautypedia liked and some they didn't.