Frequent Contributor

Beautycounter Cosmetics?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone heard of or tried Beautycounter cosmetics? Any feedback? Especially regarding their moisturizers. TIA

Frequent Contributor

Re: Beautycounter Cosmetics?

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@YellowLabMom

Do you see the 3 gray dots in the right hand corner of your post? Click on that and a drop down menu appears so you can edit post or delete it entirely.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Thank you JustJazzmom. 

Respected Contributor

@YellowLabMom, I looked up the site and ingredients for one product, Restorative Night Cream.  It's the first time in a long time I thought a formula was really nice.  Their prices on most products aren't insane.  This moisturizer was high though, at least in my opinion, at $75 for around an ounce.  Still, you see some for @ $150 so $75 could be considered a bargain, I guess!  

Nice formula but I completely disagree with some of their statements.  One:

Restorative Night Cream is formulated without butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), a toxic ingredient commonly found in anti-aging products, that is linked to cancer. BHT is a toluene-based ingredient that is used in everything from nail polish to paint thinner.

Im not sure when I last saw that ingredient in skin care.  Nail polish, yes.  When it is used (or was) it's at a rate around .01% and doesn't have any chance of penetrating skin. Fear based marketing just bugs me to no end.  99% of the time it is something completely innocuous then twisted out of context simply to scare consumers into buying the brand.  

Frequent Contributor

@Bella Carro
Thank you for taking the time to look at the website and answer my post.  I actually received the Nourishing Cleansing Balm as a gift.  I really like it.  It takes my make up off nicely and makes my face feel good.  I currently use just plain Neutrogena Sensitive Skin moisturizer for my face but I am close to being out of it and wondered if the Beauty Counter moisturizer would be worth the extra money. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the personal business e-mail address.

QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

Some of their products are being sold at select Target stores. I saw some at my local Target a few days ago. I believe the price range for what I saw was around the $30+ mark.