Respected Contributor

Re: BeautyBio facial tool, anyone using?

If you go and watch Gin Amber’s YouTube Videos from the very beginning you will understand Dermarolling. Her website has a lot of good information on rollers and the lengths and what each does. She has charts to refer too.
Trusted Contributor

Oddly enough, I had some broken capillaries from using my Clarisonic too aggressively.  They disappeared with rolling with the GloPro!

I also have a couple of spots from sun damage that are fade, fade, fading away with dermarolling.  I also disinfect both my dermarollers/dermastamps both before and after as well as my face and hands before. I am very happy with the results of needling.

Valued Contributor

I'm still on the fence but not giving up yet. Glad to see the good results that many are having.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Do you use an herbal alcohol or any product to disinfect your face before you roll? 

Thanks!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@SilleeMee Do you use an herbal alcohol or any product to disinfect your face before you roll? 

Thanks!

I use ethanol, 50% applied with a cotton round then air dry, no fanning. I make this disinfectant with...wait for it...Everclear 190-proof from the liquor store. Mix it with water, one part to one part. Tried to find an organic grain alcohol but no luck.

In case you didn't know, ethanol is grain alcohol. In the cosmetic industry it is called SD-alcohol only it has been specially denatured (SD) so as to avoid regulation and scrutiny. @Tennessee Vol 

eta - It's most effective to use at least a 40% disinfectant on the skin. Anything less will not disinfect.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

Thanks!

I use ethanol, 50% applied with a cotton round then air dry, no fanning. I make this disinfectant with...wait for it...Everclear 190-proof from the liquor store. Mix it with water, one part to one part. Tried to find an organic grain alcohol but no luck.

In case you didn't know, ethanol is grain alcohol. In the cosmetic industry it is called SD-alcohol only it has been specially denatured (SD) so as to avoid regulation and scrutiny. @Tennessee Vol 

eta - It's most effective to use at least a 40% disinfectant on the skin. Anything less will not disinfect.

Thanks @SilleeMee 

Do you use distilled water? I really appreciate your help and advice!

When I looked on amazon for an herbal alcohol, a Kiehl's toner came up and I thought about trying that. I couldn't find anything on Whitelotus' site.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks @SilleeMee 

When I looked on amazon for an herbal alcohol, a Kiehl's toner came up and I thought about trying that. I couldn't find anything on Whitelotus' site.

@Tennessee Vol ,

Yes, you can use distilled water. I just use tap water because the water here is good quality. 

I think the most important thing to do when prepping the skin is to have it free of any impurities, including substances found in skin care products. You don't want to have any substance enter the skin via needling then later develop irritation. So I would stay away from toners to use as a prep.

If I remember correctly, the White Lotus book said to use an organic grain alcohol to disinfect the skin. A 40% concentration made with distilled water. There's really good info in that book. I strongly recommend it.Woman Happy

Just a mention here...most, if not all of my comments regarding needling are about using the longer needles...the 0.5 and longer and not so much about the shorter ones like the BS roller. But you can still practice good prepping technique when using any needling device.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks @SilleeMee 

@Tennessee Vol ,

Yes, you can use distilled water. I just use tap water because the water here is good quality. 

I think the most important thing to do when prepping the skin is to have it free of any impurities, including substances found in skin care products. You don't want to have any substance enter the skin via needling then later develop irritation. So I would stay away from toners to use as a prep.

If I remember correctly, the White Lotus book said to use an organic grain alcohol to disinfect the skin. A 40% concentration made with distilled water. There's really good info in that book. I strongly recommend it.Woman Happy

Just a mention here...most, if not all of my comments regarding needling are about using the longer needles...the 0.5 and longer and not so much about the shorter ones like the BS roller. But you can still practice good prepping technique when using any needling device.

Thanks @SilleeMee , I have the Kindle version of this book! I'll reread that section!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found a pen-sized "dermaroller micro needling skincare instrument"

with 40/.5 titanium needles on the tip.

The round tip looks similar to the size of a cigarette head, at least from what I can tell. It's a newly listed product and is $17 including a case.

Is this the "stamp" type of needling?

Since it doesn't look like it rolls, I guess I would just set it on area for a second, lift straight up, set down--lift up..etc.?

I wanted a .5, which aren't as common as the .25.  Even the .3 aren't listed 

much.

Has anyone used this type/shape of needles/roller? It seems like the needles would have longer contact on your skin. I don't see how to do

it without pressing the head into skin....

Also, I'm thinking a spray of rose witch hazel w aloe Vera after treatment (over Hylaronic) would feel nice!

Honored Contributor

I use two kinds of stamps. One is the small, round pen type. The other has a large, rectangular head. I use those on different areas.