Honored Contributor

Re: BeautyBio facial tool, anyone using?

I own that book @Tennessee Vol . It's a good one and I have recommended it here on this forum on several threads. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Here’s another good book to read for reference: “The Concise Guide to Dermal Needling By: Dr. Lance Setterfield, M.D. (Expanded Medical Edition) you can get it on Amazon.
Honored Contributor

A few years ago I tried this.  Then I read an article stating the dangers of opening your skin to bacteria and infection.  To me any beauty benefits were not worth taking the chance of infection on my already very healthy good skin.  So I stopped needling.  

Trusted Contributor

I started out with the GloPro with its 0.3 length needles.  I think that the claim about the one minute treatment model is a sales tactic.  Even starting out I went way beyond that, responding on my skin sensitivity, to tell me when to stop.  I started seeing substantial beneficial changes to my skin even with product uptake. 

I found Gin Amber's YouTube channel and have stepped up to stronger needles, specifically to her AquaStamp needles, which have been great in addressing my 11s and my nasal/labial lines down to my marionette lines.  My improvements have been substantial there, and I expect them to only get better.  In time, I will exchange my 0.3 needles to her 0.5 needles, which will be effective for collagen induction all over my face and neck.  Gin is European trained and is a certified esthetician here in the US.  Her videos are very, very helpful, and she gives a good many detailed tutorials.  She has expanded her business to include rollers and stamps with real, medical grade needles as they are not readily available elsewhere.  She also has developed serums to use afterwards, including a Vitamin C serum.  I have not bought her serums as I have others that I use that have been very effective.

I still use my GloPro, as the lower length needles are still what she recommends for the eye area.  My Isomers Vitamin C Serum did sting initially, but not now as my skin has improved.  I also use a growth serum, the Isomers Matrixl and Copper Peptide serums, and do rotate them.

Gin Amber has been a very valuable resource for me, and I have found her very helpful.  Plus, she is very vivacious and a lot of fun!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I second Gin Amber she has really good YouTube videos on Dermarolling. Her website has a lot of good information too. 🙋🏻❤️🥰💐
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The length of the needles really matters. Using shorter ones to make skincare penetrate the upper epidermis vs using longer ones to damage the lower epidermis/dermis to generate collagen - is like the difference between doing a weekly mild at home glycolic peel, vs getting a deep peel by a dermatologist. The first targets the outer layer of the outer layer of skin, the second is much more serious.

Tiny openings made in the surface heal quickly. It's not like a scrape. But the deeper the needles go, the more careful you have to be about introducing germs into your skin. The outer stratum corneum layer is designed to fight bacteria and other nasties. At deeper layers, you have much less defense.

When I dermarolled I used alcohol and wiped off the needles with a microfiber cloth. Skin oils and products can collect on the tines. I also used a UV sanitizer light before and after using the unit. Can't be too careful with these things, especially with the longer needles. And pay attention to what you do after rolling. Don't let your face get into contact with anything that could have germs on it for at least an hour, if not longer.

And if you have any issues with inflammation or immune response, or broken capilaries/redness...this is (ETA: probably) not for you. (ETA: Of course, YMMV. Best to ask your derm who diagnosed you whether you'd benefit, or whether rolling might make issues worse.) You can use other technologies to increase skincare absorption instead.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have some areas on my cheeks with broken caps and dots (mat form of telangiectasia) and also redness there, too. Microneedling those areas has not made them any worse. I am not aggressive with my rolling technique so as to avoid unnecessary redness. I also ice down with an ice rolling device immediately following my treatments to prevent extreme reddening and to avoid exacerbating broken caps.

Super Contributor

I dont have this but started rolling 3 weeks ago 1 x a week with the Gin Amber  0.5roller..No results yet......After researching and getting advice from the people at White Lotus beauty i ended up buying there 1.0 roller that is made from bio polymer? and it last more than a yr,some have used theres 2 yrs before replacing so at 85$ thats a good deal.Waiting to get it....Gin ambers are good for 10-15 uses before they get dull.....WL says to roll every 14 days only  no matter the size and rolling should not hurt which makes me think if it does hurt you are pressing to hard or overdoing it..I know WL protocal is very different from most but thought i would try 1 x every 14 days and see how that works...I can always change it if need be..

I took a look at this beautybio tool and i dont see how deep it goes so makes me think it might just be for skincare absorption and nothing for producing more collagen?..

@Nadine i to have broken caps on my face and neck from sun damage(hate them) and wondered if i should do this but after reading about a gal on this forum who had them to and rolled she said hers actually got better after time and some even went away..I am hoping for that but yes they are really red after rolling and into the next day...I roll on sat night and stay home sun so i dont have to wear sunscreen and makeup. I read if rolling with a .05 or higher its best to wait 24 hrs before wearing these.

Hoping you all get the results you want but if not you might consider a derma roller thats at least a 0.5  or higher to produce collagen...Its proven it works but takes time.In fact there are dermatologist that do this in clinics and have read where people faces were much more raw/bleading after than if you do it at home..Might take longer but i am ok with that..Good luck everyone!!

Honored Contributor

@Sparky3333 

My derm's office uses a microneedle stamping device. It's an auto-stamp motorized mirconeedling pen looking thing. The technique is super aggressive and the down time is awful. I would never have this done to me. 

I buy White Lotus rollers and stamps. I think they are the best. 

Esteemed Contributor

Some will fall for any gimmick.