Super Contributor

Re: BeautyBio facial tool, anyone using?

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

JMO , but ........... the crazy things people will do for beauty...................

No way would i puncture my skin  and maybe cause an infection or worse a BLOOD infection........WOW!!!!!

@MalteseMomma 

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but the question was geared to those who have and use this device.

If you dont have anything nice (or can answer the OP's query), well...you know the rest.

@Maestra1 

I believe I did answer the poster and nicely too.I certainly  would like her and everyone else that is tempted by these crazy skin products, to think about what she is doing to her skin and the chance she is talking on getting a horrible  (spesis) and maybe a  scaring skin condition.  ...just sayin'

I personally know someone that did just that!! In fact she is my GD. 

@MalteseMomma   I appreciate the 'heads up' !Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really hope  this thread doesn't get deleted.. You  need to make sure that the tool is sterilized and used properly.

The original comment was really not that polite but thanks for feeling you needed to say it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to be clear...

Rubbing alcohol or any type of other alcohol based liquids used for cleansing, does not sterilize. It will, however, disinfect which will make most things safe to use on and around skin but it will not kill everything. Sterilization (kills everything) requires something different and sometimes using a sterilizing product can be dangerous and not safe to use on skin.

The key to proper disinfection is to allow the roller to dry slowly after you have sprayed it with the disinfecting spray. Do not hasten this by using any kind of blow dryer or fanning it. Slow is better when it comes to disinfecting because the bacteria are killed by dissolving their cell walls. Fast dry means they might survive. Also do not use anything stronger than 70% alcohol because that dries too fast.

Trusted Contributor

The vendor, Jamie, said that if it hurts, you are pressing too hard. I got it. My skin is crazy sensitive, but I am not havin any problems with it. I can't tell any difference at this point, but it isn't causing discomfort.

Trusted Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

Seems like it said to use the roller for 60 seconds on each area. That seems like a lot to me. Do you all do it that way? I have a few broken capillarieso wondered about that.

On air she says 60 sec total  ~ 15 seconds on each quad ~ on the directions included it says 60 seconds on each area ~ 

Honored Contributor

I've never read the instructions for the BS roller so I can't say anything about that. But it seems to me that 60 seconds to do the entire face is simply not long enough. As an experienced roller myself, I can see maybe using the roller for 60 seconds per quad. For me personally, it takes me about 5 minutes to do my face...that's 75 seconds per quad. The literature I have read about this is in agreement with that 75 seconds.

Valued Contributor

SilleeMae what results have you seen and how long have you doing it?

Valued Contributor

Wondering what results the users are seeing. I'm really on the fence here. I don't think that any topical products can really help with firming etc. Really hoping that the micro needling can make a difference. Sometimes i wonder if I would be better off to just use a basic moisturizer like Autopalm instead of expensive lines that I'm using now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine wrote:

Wondering what results the users are seeing. I'm really on the fence here. I don't think that any topical products can really help with firming etc. Really hoping that the micro needling can make a difference. Sometimes i wonder if I would be better off to just use a basic moisturizer like Autopalm instead of expensive lines that I'm using now.

@Nadine 

If firming is what you are looking for then the BS roller is not going to do that for you because the needles on that roller are not long enough to induce collagen in the skin. Collagen is what gives the skin firmness.  Using Retin-A will also help to increase collagen as well as help prevent its further loss as you age. With the exception of Retin-A, there is no such thing as a firming or lifting skin care topical. Don't be conned into believing otherwise. You can get temporary firmness from hydration but only as long as you keep hydrating the skin. Using the BS roller will help you with hydration because it allows for better absorption of your topicals. So there you have it.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

After reading the following, imho, .3mm needles could penetrate deep enough to stimulate fibroblast activity and induce collagen, especially if skin is routinely exfoliated.

Epidermis – This is composed of the 4 layers described above in thin skin which includes all skin except the palms and soles of the feet. It is generally believed that to induce collagen the needles must pass through this layer into the dermis to stimulate fibroblast activity. The epidermis is between 0.1 and 0.15mm thick. Due to the unevenness of skin a 0.5mm roller needle has been shown to be the shortest needle that consistently reaches the dermis to induce collagen.

Kingston , Anthony. Holistic Microneedling: The Manual of Natural Skin Needling . Anthony Kingston. Kindle Edition.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb