Valued Contributor

BeautyBio facial tool, anyone using?

I received it on Monday and used the micro-needle tool that night. Couldn't use any serums etc after because it burned so bad, Face was still flushed the next day. Now I don't know if i should give it aother try or send back. Having a little issue with poking holes in my skin but looking at the results that many have had wanted to give it a fair try.

Honored Contributor

Re: BeautyBio facial tool, anyone using?

@Nadine  I used mine yesterday on my face and was surprised at how smooth my face felt and looked.  It did tingle and burn a little yesterday off and on but it was lessened when I used my skincare products and makeup.  Once your skin gets used to it when used regularly, it will adapt in time.  I was using a cheap one I got on Amazon and found it often was really burning because I applied too much pressure so often I didn't use it that regularly because my skin got a bit irritated.  This one is so much easier to use.  Even that one did give my skin a smoother appearance and my 11's were less noticeable if I used it for a few weeks.  I like this one because you don't have to use pressure and it's nothing like the manual one I was trying to use.   Stick with it but maybe start slow and only use it twice this week and then go to the three times or more.  At least give it a chance before sending it back.  It's your decision though.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Pook, I agree about not giving up too soon, Probably twice a week for awhile until my skin adjusts,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

JMO , but ........... the crazy things people will do for beauty...................

No way would i puncture my skin  and maybe cause an infection or worse a BLOOD infection........WOW!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Nadine I received mine on Tuesday and used it Wednesday night as well as Thursday night. Let me say that I do not have sensitive skin though... the first time I used it I sprayed it with alcohol just to make sure it was sanitized and did experience a little stinging. Both nights I immediately used Isomers Copper P serum and then Isomers Matrixyl-4 serum and Matrixyl-4 Oligopeptide cream. I intend to use it again tonight and skip the Copper P. 

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about what length of needles to use. I decided to use a device with .3mm long needles to allow my skincare products to penetrate better. The .5mm needles scare me just a little bit because they go deeper... watching the TSV demonstration convinced me to give the GloPro a try. So far it's a keeper for me.

What serums did you use after your treatment? I agree with @Pook don't give up just yet!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Valued Contributor

I used a perricone serum and that wasn't the best option. I washed it off and then used Atopalm, my standby moisturizer when my skin is irritated.

Respected Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

I used a perricone serum and that wasn't the best option. I washed it off and then used Atopalm, my standby moisturizer when my skin is irritated.

If it's a vitamin C serum that could be why it stung. Be sure to spray the roller with alcohol after you use it and not before. Good luck!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

Rollers should be disinfected before and after each use. But before using the roller make sure it is completely dry. Store it away from your bathroom and inside a sealed container like a plastic Tupperware kind of thing.

Trusted Contributor

I received mine the other day and tried it out Wed night ~ it didnt hurt at all ~ and  I thought maybe I do need a .5mm ~ but after when I put serums on fine ~ but my moisturizer stung a bit ~ must have something agressive in it ~ next day skin was fine ~  I thought lets try the eye attachement ~ I used it around the eye area and lip~ same ~ skin fine the next day ~ didnt have any redness~ I think if you are feeling stinging or pricking  you are applying pressure when you are rolling ~ just go over lightly ~ I am taking a few days off and will start again on Monday ~ since we have 60 days I will see if I use it and if I have positive results

Valued Contributor

Seems like it said to use the roller for 60 seconds on each area. That seems like a lot to me. Do you all do it that way? I have a few broken capillarieso wondered about that.