Contributor

Beauty with Benefits - NOT HAPPY with QVC!

[ Edited ]

I placed an order for the L'Occitane hand cream on May 1st as part of the Beauty with Benefits promtoion.  My hand cream arrived (in an envelope badly damaged.  No BWB bag.  I called customer service. I was advised the BWB bag arrives separately and not to worry.  A week went by and I still did not receive my bag.  I called CS again and was told the same thing (getting CS on the phone is NO EASY task these days!).  A few days later, I sent an emai.  No response. Sent another email and still no response.  Another week went by and I called CS again (many attempts needed to get thru!). I was advised the bags were 1st come 1st serve.  I advised her I orderd the 1st day of the promotion!  She checked and said I should be receiving it shortly.   I few more days and I called CS again - I was advised I was one of the 11,000 customers that were affected by an oversight and I would be receiving an email shortly addressing the issue. 

Today  I received an email stating the bags were 1st come first serve and since they have no bags left I am getting a $10 promotion certificate. I placed my order the 1st day of the promotion!  QVC screwed up BIG time!  I wasted a lot of time on the phone with poorly tained/uncaring CS agents, as they have obviously have less CS reps working.  I AM NOT HAPPY WITH QVC!  I order a lot from QVC and need to reconsider where I am choose to spend my money.

Here is the email...

Good morning. Thank you for emailing QVC.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of you not receiving your gift with
purchase for the recent order for the L'Occtaine Shea Butter Hand Cream. I
do see that the previous representative you spoke with asked to update in
reference to this gift with purchase, and unfortunately Gift with
Purchase's are shipped while supply lasts, and is currently unavailable.
For the inconvenience, I have issued a 10.00 membership credit for this
order here for you.

I hope this information was helpful and I do apologize for any
disappointment this may have caused.

Order Number: XXXX
Item Description: S9667
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 5.2 oz.
It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Thank you for shopping with QVC!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty with Benefits - NOT HAPPY with QVC!

I would be very annoyed too!  A ten dollar certificate just doesn't cut it when you were told that your gift bag worth much more than that was going to be mailed out to you.

Honored Contributor

@PommomNJ- At least you got a $10 credit, which is more than I've gotten.

It's odd that people who are ordering now are still getting the GWP bag, if it's "out of stock".  I ordered the same item you did on the same day, so it certainly appears that those of us unlucky enough to have ordered the L'Occitane hand cream were the ones who've missed out.

There are other threads about this issue and another one says 1700 orders did not receive the GWP, so it's hard to believe what the truth is.  A similar thing happened last year and it just seems they can't get this right.

I don't know what they're going to do when the actual on-air events happen on the 27th and 28th.  Last year I got my GWP many weeks after the events aired and being told they were no longer available (but only after contacting CS), so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Believe me, I DO understand your frustration.  (And my hand cream arrived in exactly the same condition.  Very poor handling all around.)

Trusted Contributor

I would be just as frustrated too.  If the promotion bags were limited then they should have made that disclaimer in the description when ordering.  Plain and simple.

QVC is dropping the ball more and more.

Just curious, for those that got the bag what goodies came in it ?

Contributor

Thank you for your very informative reply.  2 of my friends also ordered the L'Occitane hand cream on May 1st and did not receive their bag either.  This was their 1st QVC purchase to help support the cause.  Doubt after this they will ever order from QVC again.

I understand it was a fundraiser promotion and I was happy to support the cause, especially given the COVID 19 pandemic.  I am most upset about the extreme effort and time it took to get thru to QVC customer service to address the concern, which was  unresolved.  Many QVC CS reps musty not be working, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a CS rep on the phone.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

And if they ran out of BWB promo bags, why are they appearing to prome them as still available???  QVC should not midlead customers and take the promotion off their website!

Honored Contributor

Email social.team@qvc.com to verify.  I seem to think everyone that ordered something in the promotional period eventually got the gift in the past.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@PommomNJ- At least you got a $10 credit, which is more than I've gotten.

It's odd that people who are ordering now are still getting the GWP bag, if it's "out of stock".  I ordered the same item you did on the same day, so it certainly appears that those of us unlucky enough to have ordered the L'Occitane hand cream were the ones who've missed out.

There are other threads about this issue and another one says 1700 orders did not receive the GWP, so it's hard to believe what the truth is.  A similar thing happened last year and it just seems they can't get this right.

I don't know what they're going to do when the actual on-air events happen on the 27th and 28th.  Last year I got my GWP many weeks after the events aired and being told they were no longer available (but only after contacting CS), so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Believe me, I DO understand your frustration.  (And my hand cream arrived in exactly the same condition.  Very poor handling all around.)

@Venezia 

i ordered an item from qvc and hsn......received a BWB bag from each. my items were ordered on 5/6/2020.

my daughter ordered an item just last week and received a BWB bag from qvc.

it is definitely strange that some who ordered a while ago did not receive them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45- Thanks for your reply.  That's what makes it even worse for those of us who haven't received the GWP bag, while knowing others who've ordered after us have.

QVC should've made shipping these bags to customers who didn't receive them a priority, but they clearly haven't.  And telling some customers that the bags are now unavailable, while they obviously aren't, is just totally unacceptable.

They offered a $5 sachet of WEN, which sold out pretty quickly and I'm betting those customers got their GWP bags.

Oh well, my bottom line is, it's for charity.  But I honestly don't think I'll order from this event again.

ETA:  Just out of curiosity, did your daughter's order show the GWP bag?  Mine never did.

New Contributor

I bought the same thing, the boxes were damaged so you could use them as a gift and the two also told me my gift would ship. I have received nothing yet.