Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty vendors take note.

Years ago, Dr Perricone would come on QVC .

I could tell he had work done. But if his products were so great, why wasn’t he using them?

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't it be a great world if everyone who deals with the public were really honest!  I'm selling this skincare, but I've had cosmetic surgery and I take HGH. I sell exercise videos, but I've had body enhancements and I take steroids to acheive this body. My thick hair is full of extensions. I'm selling you this mascara but I have false eyelashes on and I use an eyelash serum. The health and beauty industry has had their share of dishonest claims since advertisments began. Truth in advertising would be great because then you'd know the professional facials they get, the diet and exercise routines that they maintain, and everything else they do. We all know it's never just about one product.

The best thing we can do is be smart consumers and do the research. They're goal is to sell to you. And that's fine if you like the product. Everybody has to make a living. Just know what you are purchasing and have realistic expectations. 

Respected Contributor

After i originally posted this , i thought it does sound unrealistic and silly , but i thought it would be refreshing for the honesty. I remember Christina from Philosphy telling about getting Botox around the eyes when she brought in a new product , she didn't want to mislead people on how much a product will do. I had more faith in a brand when they are honest in their presentations.