Respected Contributor

I think beauty vendors should tell us if they have had any kind of work done. I only say this because they after all selling beauty products and i think most of us would appreciate the honesty. Anyone else it's none of our business. What does anyone else think ?  This is just a general comment , don't turn this into specific vendors.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty vendors take note.

Never. Going.to. happen.

Esteemed Contributor

That's exactly why I quit buying from them.  I saw the dishonesty - the false claims.  They push their products for us to look younger; but yet they make an appointment with expensive cosmetic doctor.   One vendor - unnamed - I totally disrespect.

Honored Contributor

I believe that everyone who wants cosmetic surgery should have it, however if you represent a cosmetics company, the implication is loud and clear.  Nothing has to be said, the rep tells you they use the cosmetics and you assume how they look is based on what they use....  and a disclosure would go a long way to maintain credibility.

I don't know about other people, but I can often tell facial surgical procedures, there's a distinctive look.

I have stopped purchasing some brands based on this.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Never. Going.to. happen.

I have to agree with you..........it will never happen......

but, i , myself feel if you are representing a cosmetic that is supposed to beautify you..and you have had work done...

then viewers should know.

Honored Contributor

Who cares? I sure don't! and don't see why anyone would.

Valued Contributor

Just assume they all use fillers, Botox and any other non-surgical enhancements. It is very common now for young women to begin to use Botox before wrinkles begin. 

Super Contributor

It would be nice, wouldn't it? But caveat emptor.  At least the Q lets you try out the potions and return them.  Everyone in this beauty industry is going to use something.  Whether it is extensive plastic surgery, or Botox and fillers, or regular chemical peels and laser treatments.  

Super Contributor

I don't ever believe that if I use someone's products I will get results like the vendor. for instance Dr.Denese has had a boatload of work done, by her own admission. I will never look like her but I still like her products. mainly hydroshield. 

I kind of quit watching all the beauty shows. It was in a very subtle way eroding my confidence. all the screeeeching- look at this before, looks at those lines, etc. 

at 67 I have made peace with the fact that I am aging! not interested in surgery or botox, but support your right to choose. I just don't want that hard sell in my face so I now am very selective about what I watch. 

Respected Contributor

You do have to respect Dr. Denese, who has been very open and honest about the work she's had done.  I like her products, and I deeply appreciate her honesty.  It's refreshing.