Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty vendors take note.

@Katcat1 wrote:

I doubt that it will ever happen.  Dr. Denese definitely has been under the knife.  They all want you to think they look good because of their product(s).

Cat Tongue

@Katcat1, from what I've read here, she has come clean about her procedures.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I think beauty vendors should tell us if they have had any kind of work done. I only say this because they after all selling beauty products and i think most of us would appreciate the honesty. Anyone else it's none of our business. What does anyone else think ?  This is just a general comment , don't turn this into specific vendors.

@MW in Iowa  I doubt they will announce to the public that the eye cream didn’t eliminate the wrinkles, they had their eyes done, fillers and Botox. I just assume that any vendors (& hosts and models) over 35 have work done. How else could they look the same after 10-15 years?

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I believe that everyone who wants cosmetic surgery should have it, however if you represent a cosmetics company, the implication is loud and clear.  Nothing has to be said, the rep tells you they use the cosmetics and you assume how they look is based on what they use....  and a disclosure would go a long way to maintain credibility.

I don't know about other people, but I can often tell facial surgical procedures, there's a distinctive look.

I have stopped purchasing some brands based on this.....  

@Q4u  I assume they all have work done, so it doesn’t, stop me from purchasing certain brands. If you do that, you may as well stop purchasing all makeup and skincare. 

Look at the models that have been there a very long time. They look no different than 20 yrs. ago. They all can’t have just “good genes”.

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

WE ALL DO NOT NEED THESE BEAUTY PRODUCTS   ALL OF US ARE NATURAL BEAUTIES     RIGHT    LADIES

@elizabethl123. I admit I need a little help to wake up looking like I did “nothing”! 🙄

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I doubt that it will ever happen.  Dr. Denese definitely has been under the knife.  They all want you to think they look good because of their product(s).

Cat Tongue

@Katcat1......or in their world, with their friends, business, income, expectations and insecurities, it’s normal and expected procedures. Live and let live. I know, more often than not, they’ve all had work done.

I decide for myself if a product will work for me not based on how the vendors or models look in befores and afters. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I believe that everyone who wants cosmetic surgery should have it, however if you represent a cosmetics company, the implication is loud and clear.  Nothing has to be said, the rep tells you they use the cosmetics and you assume how they look is based on what they use....  and a disclosure would go a long way to maintain credibility.

I don't know about other people, but I can often tell facial surgical procedures, there's a distinctive look.

I have stopped purchasing some brands based on this.....  

@Q4u  I assume they all have work done, so it doesn’t, stop me from purchasing certain brands. If you do that, you may as well stop purchasing all makeup and skincare. 

Look at the models that have been there a very long time. They look no different than 20 yrs. ago. They all can’t have just “good genes”.

I very much appreciate your ability to buy what you want regardless, but for me it's a matter of fraud by implication.  The vendors will go on letting you believe the cause and effect of what you are seeing.  I personally don't use a lot of these products because I simply don't trust the delivery systems for the most effective products.  I also don't use much make up at all, never did... a little lipstick and cheek blush, a little concealer, that's it. 

A dear lady I've known my entire life told me at 14 to alway moisturize and she used Ponds.  She recently passed away at 93 and had the most gorgeous skin and looked 20 years younger.  I've used the same product since I was 14 and am happy with my results so far.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Well they should be never will. You can usually tell when theyve had work done..

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I know what you are saying...whatever works-but don't tell me a cream is going to do everything for you if you have had surgery....that's just wrong....

If they haven't had injections, lifts, or plastic surgery, I would at least like to know the real techniques they are using....

Ok-my favorite Makeup Artist is Eve Pearl.....she is totally anti-surgery. She does look young though, doesn't she? 

Well, she doesn't hide how she has avoided surgery, or the techniques she uses on herself or her clients....she uses tapes hidden in hairlines. She discusses that in her book, but she also shows what can be done with makeup...

I wish she would start showing these tapes-and selling them....

If that's what other vendors  are using, I wish they would be honest.

Using tape is not a medical or surgical procedure, so they, in theory, could get away with claims....

When you read reviews, how many reviews are truly clinical?

Was the depth of wrinkles prior to treatment ever measured before or after?

I haven't seen that....it's always "women CLAIMED" or "women FELT", smoother skin, etc,, etc....

All this being said, not everything works for everybody, and so much is a question of our individuality-including ethnicity, Sun exposure, etc....

I do agree with you however...I would honestly like to know.....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

If you believe any of those products will really make you visibly younger looking, I have some fine waterfront property I need to discuss with you.  It will be an unbelievable deal.  Just like those cosmetic claims.  My property will make you rich beyond belief and the creams will make you look 10 years younger.

And those people who are always telling you that you look 10 years younger than you are?  They won't be lying to you any more!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

The vendors who have had work done....IT IS OBVIOUS.... they do not have to say anything.  

You can then decide if you believe it is their products working  or filters, surgery...bla bla bla.