Respected Contributor

Beauty vendors and tote bags

Anyone else find it annoying when they put their name in big letters across the bag? Was watching Suzanne Somers earlier when she was presenting her big skincare kit. She was talking about what a nice durable tote bag that came with it, and it did look like a nice bag to use. Except, it had "Suzanne" in big letters on the bag. Why can't they leave the names off? I for one don't want to go around town carrying a bag with "Suzanne" in big letters on it!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty vendors and tote bags

I'm the same way. They're not remotely discreet. Joy Mangano ounce had a great bag on HSN, but there was her name across the front.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

I don't want to feel like I'm a billboard for any clothing, or accessory. Makes me feel very uncomfortable. The style, and quality determines if I want an item, not the name on it.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Lila4now said:

I don't want to feel like I'm a billboard for any clothing, or accessory. Makes me feel very uncomfortable. The style, and quality determines if I want an item, not the name on it.

Same here!! If I am paid to advertise your products than yes that is fine. If I am paying to advertise your products then you best be kidding me. These days, more than ever, I like simple lines and no logo or brand splattered all over the bag. I even prefer a quiet or plain lining of good quality materials on the inside that won't rip apart in a flash when all of my items get tossed around. I gave a dooney to someone and that person told me later that they feel embarrassed carrying around a bag like that because they don't want people thinking that they are better than all. I don't like when a bag screams your income just because of the name on it. Let the style of the bag do the talking and all else will follow.
Trusted Contributor

Fashion and Style Diva, you said it well. I was raised that a person of good taste doesn't need to flaunt what they own.

Valued Contributor

It only works if that is your personal name and you spell it the same way; otherwise, no, I would not get the product item.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Lila4now said:

Fashion and Style Diva, you said it well. I was raised that a person of good taste doesn't need to flaunt what they own.

Thanks Lila4now!!! I appreciate that. I was raised the same way. My mom is a very simple women and she is the one that did most of the raising as my father is the complete opposite. Have a blessed day.