Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty trends you wish would go away in 2020!

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

@AngelPuppy1  - Have you ever tried Maybelline's Matte Super Stay Ink?   This product doesn't dry out my lips where others do. 

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color 15 Lover - 0.17 fl oz

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Long  Artificial nails  !  Wearing these carry all types of bacteria . Some women have their nails  so long that I don't know how they get dressed . I irk when I see  any person with long fake nails - disgusting  to think of the germs they carry . There were outbreaks  of Hospital aquired infections a few yrs ago from Nurses  who had long finger nails .

@skatting44   I'd think some professions would have regulations against them...medical, food service, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Long  Artificial nails  !  Wearing these carry all types of bacteria . Some women have their nails  so long that I don't know how they get dressed . I irk when I see  any person with long fake nails - disgusting  to think of the germs they carry . There were outbreaks  of Hospital aquired infections a few yrs ago from Nurses  who had long finger nails .

@skatting44   I'd think some professions would have regulations against them...medical, food service, etc.

Yes,  the Nursing Profession used to have " rules " at the hospital where I worked  reagrding uniform attire and personal grooming . It included short cut fingernails , hair pulled back  or short hair and no  long earrings . Hospitals  are lax now , you see where anything goes . It's not just  the Nursing assistants/ techs  , it's the  Registered  Nurses  to .   I wouldn't let anyone touch me with long finger nails , they can carry  C Difficile spores,  E Coli , staph, fungus,  and numerous other bacteria including antibiotic resistant  strains. . That's the last thing I would want to happen to me or anyone. Patients  do die of Hospital aquired  infections.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Yes those awful glued on lashes.....just awful on everyone and so fake.

Trusted Contributor

The deep Smokey Eye....sure, its great for a cocktail party or other formal affair....but for everyday....I prefer a more natural look on the eyes. Harsh eyebrows....matte lipstick...spidery false lashes....spotlight highlighter....they all have their time and place....but IMHO, not for everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

Eyebrows that look like they were drawn with a Sharpie

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Shanus   me too Smiley Happy i have no need for any trends at all. and they come and go!

@FlowerBear   I worked with and for Bobbi Brown for so long and fell in love with that "natural makeup...enhance your features and still look like you" philosophy. I've tweaked it a bit over the years, but haven't strayed too far. When you begin working with her (representing her brand), she'd like you to have that look.

She did a face chart w/ my colors from foundation, concealer, shadow, lips, etc. Except for products/shades that have been discontinued (& I found similar ones in other lines), that's still my look. I switched from powder blush to cream blush and stay w/ her tinted moisturizer (foundation stick where more coverage is needed). 

Bobbi believes in playing up your features, so I played up my clear fair skin, left my thick brows alone and learned that having fair skin is OK. It's made my makeup life easier figuring all this out. 

It's accepting who you are and being comfortable with that....not trying to look like anyone else. No trends needed.

Bobbi Brown takes all of the fun out of makeup and turns it into a chore, IMO. 

Adhering to someone else's rules will never make me feel more comfortable in my own skin than doing what I want to does.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

@AngelPuppy1  - Have you ever tried Maybelline's Matte Super Stay Ink?   This product doesn't dry out my lips where others do. 

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Lip Color 15 Lover - 0.17 fl oz

@San Antonio Gal 

No, I haven't.  Is it like a stain?  I have tried some of those stains and they still feather on me.  Thank you for the suggestion.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with most comments above, and I second the over-shiny, too bright highlighting on cheekbones and under brows.  Plus the dark, over-done brows and fake eyelashes.  Just my opinion, but too much makeup and heavy contouring makes women look older than they are.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

The smokey eye and all orange eyeshadow. Really, IMO no one looks good with orange or red eyeshadow.