Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty trends you wish would go away in 2020!

I just don't like the overall trend of wearing so much makeup!  

Respected Contributor

The big, phony, false eyelashes which @Kachina624 mentioned. Yesterday, the checkout gal at Wegmans looked like a female Bambi.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

The thick, drawn on eyebrows, the fake eyelashes and the liquid eyeliner with those huge wings.

Respected Contributor

I was watching someone presenting a beauty product recently who had GRAY nail lacquer on. It made her hands look like something from a morgue. I really hate the use of bizarre colors in nail polish anyway, like canary yellow, lime green, orange, black, purple, and so on--just my personal preference. But the gray was so discordant and un-beautiful that it overshadowed the product and I stopped watching.

It's sad to see so many people in the public eye inexpertly using thick fringes of fake lashes and still applying way too much shimmer. I saw one presenter last night who had a sick gleam to her skin that was notable. She's a pretty young woman, but she didn't look right with the abundant shimmer.

IMO, we're overdue for a return to healthy, natural skin and features, or at least fewer silly extremes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann - I agree with you regarding some nail colors.  I also don't understand why ladies wear shades of gray and black.   I'm not fond of blues, greens, and yellows either.  I like your discription of "un-beautiful."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt