Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty trends you wish would go away in 2020!

Fake nails, fake eyelashes, overly matte lipstick and inch or more of dark roots in blonde hair.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

@AngelPuppy1  Hi AngelPuppy ...   Have you tried a lip liner (the ones you have to sharpen,  rather than the real creamy ones) not only to line your lips, but to fill them in?  That's what I do a lot in the morning before I leave the house.  I'll line my lips, fill them in with the liner, and then apply a clear balm on top of that.  You'd get your color payoff and have a more moistened lip.  Just a thought!

@nyc1 

I haven't tried any pencils for a long time because I was unhappy with them all.  I tried soft ones and the ones you sharpened.  I tried to get ones to match each lipstick and then I tried to just get a color that matched my own natural lip color as much as possible.  Then, I tried the clear one and I didn't care for that at all. Maybe it's just me???  I never have tried to do what you suggested.  Maybe that would work.  Thank you for the suggestion!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Had  enough of  seeing the Q offer  nothing but Tunics . That last LR one offered  is even longer  than ones you usually see.  Some of us don't have to  try to hide our figure.  All these tunics  make me shop elsewhere for clothes.

Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you but I notice a few things are missing.

1. Unnatural hair colors.  Red, green, blue, magenta...  If you can find it in a crayon box, it might not be the best choice for your head.

2. Multiple piercings on ears, faces and other regions.

3. Multiple tattoos, sleeves and tattoos on the face.  Or anywhere on the head and neck for that matter.

4. Ear tunnels and plugs.

I'm not saying this to offend anyone who is a fan of this look.  I'm just saying that it was meant to be unique and now it's anything but.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I agree with most comments above, and I second the over-shiny, too bright highlighting on cheekbones and under brows.  Plus the dark, over-done brows and fake eyelashes.  Just my opinion, but too much makeup and heavy contouring makes women look older than they are.   

I agree with this.  I don't know who thinks that overdone highlighter makes us look younger.  I think it is quite the opposite.  Also what is going on with the pointy cheek look, is everybody getting cheek injections?  Every time I turn on the TV I see this.  I'm sure if it is done in a subtle way can be flattering, but pointy cheeks look alien-like, not flattering at all and do not make us look younger.  I don't see teenagers with naturally pointy cheeks anywhere.  Smiley Tongue

I believe that whatever makes us change our naturally given looks too drastically should be left in this decade.  If I need 10 mins to draw in eyebrows that I don't have and another 10 to glue on eyelashes to perfection on top of what I do already to look decent when I get out of the house, it is excessive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a newer trend so, some of you might not have noticed it’s going on. It is deliberately over drawing the Cupid’s bow part of the lip so that lipstick looks like it is smudged upward into the philtrim. In essence, it’s deliberatrly hiding the Cupid’s bow so that there is no V there. Instead, there’s a straight across line of color. It looks like the wearer has made a mistake when you see it on someone. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

This is a newer trend so, some of you might not have noticed it’s going on. It is deliberately over drawing the Cupid’s bow part of the lip so that lipstick looks like it is smudged upward into the philtrim. In essence, it’s deliberatrly hiding the Cupid’s bow so that there is no V there. Instead, there’s a straight across line of color. It looks like the wearer has made a mistake when you see it on someone. 

If done correctly, @Mindy D , it's a benefit to those with virtually no upper lip. It should be very subtle, not totally effacing the what little of Cupid's bow there is on such lips.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I don't like the new style of hairdo's that look like every chunk of hair hanging down is squiggly and seperate from the other....like it hasn't been brushed everrrrr.... What is up with that?  I can't help but believe in later years, people will see those photos and say ''Didn't you have a brush?"

Super Contributor

I know this is beauty you want to see go away but I'm, going to throw in fashion. No more cold shoulder or now cold arm tops where the entire part of the upper arm is exposed. They look so ridiculous. Wear sleeveless then. And older ladies, it does not make you look younger.

Respected Contributor

Instagram eyebrows

Highlighter on the tip of the nose

Pillow face from cheek fillers

Enormous amounts of lip fillers