Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty trends you wish would go away in 2020!

Gray hair. If you've got it naturally, fine. But why deliberately color your hair gray if you don't have any?? icon_e_confused.gifI don't get it.

Respected Contributor

Sharp pointed fake nails that evidently are making a comeback. I thought the Coffin nails a few years ago was bad enough.

Respected Contributor

The big false thick eyelashes. They look so awful. 

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Long  Artificial nails  !  Wearing these carry all types of bacteria . Some women have their nails  so long that I don't know how they get dressed . I irk when I see  any person with long fake nails - disgusting  to think of the germs they carry . There were outbreaks  of Hospital aquired infections a few yrs ago from Nurses  who had long finger nails .

This, it grosses me out.  I hate it when a clerk at the check out touches your hand / scratches you with those fake talons with giving your change to you.

Personally I don't think they're attractive, either.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

@AngelPuppy1  Hi AngelPuppy ...   Have you tried a lip liner (the ones you have to sharpen,  rather than the real creamy ones) not only to line your lips, but to fill them in?  That's what I do a lot in the morning before I leave the house.  I'll line my lips, fill them in with the liner, and then apply a clear balm on top of that.  You'd get your color payoff and have a more moistened lip.  Just a thought!

Contributor

Injected, big lips .....very unnatural looking IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Long pointy claw like finger nails.  Looking at them grosses me out and I don't know how one can do basic things without scratching themselves.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Shanus   me too Smiley Happy i have no need for any trends at all. and they come and go!

@FlowerBear   I worked with and for Bobbi Brown for so long and fell in love with that "natural makeup...enhance your features and still look like you" philosophy. I've tweaked it a bit over the years, but haven't strayed too far. When you begin working with her (representing her brand), she'd like you to have that look.

She did a face chart w/ my colors from foundation, concealer, shadow, lips, etc. Except for products/shades that have been discontinued (& I found similar ones in other lines), that's still my look. I switched from powder blush to cream blush and stay w/ her tinted moisturizer (foundation stick where more coverage is needed). 

Bobbi believes in playing up your features, so I played up my clear fair skin, left my thick brows alone and learned that having fair skin is OK. It's made my makeup life easier figuring all this out. 

It's accepting who you are and being comfortable with that....not trying to look like anyone else. No trends needed.

@Shanus, I'm all about the natural but a little better makeup look.  I'm rather fair too, wear a light shade in foundation.  And I only wear the tiniest bit of concealer for troughs under my eyes rather than dark circles, and I buff out my foundation with a brush to make sure it is blended well and not too thickly applied.  I actually only wear makeup for occasions like church or meeting friends for lunch or shopping. 

However, when it comes to eye makeup, I do like to play with that depending on the occasion.  I wish I had large almond eyes so I could really doll them up with cat eye eyeliner and such, but I was given small, round eyes.  I really enjoy dolling them up the best I can.  

Respected Contributor

Those Marx Bros EYEBROWS are horrendous,  IMO. 

New Contributor

Thick threaded eyebrows and fake eyelashes