Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty trends you wish would go away in 2020!

@Kachina624 wrote:

Big, phony false eyelashes.  Everyone seems to be wearing them.

@Kachina624 

Boy, do I agree with you on this one!  I see nothing wrong with the regular old false eyelashes.  The ones which simply enhance a bit or fill in.  And also some people have no eyelashes or very sparse ones due to illness or age.  But, eveveryone you see on t.v., and even a lot of people in real life --- have these spider like things coming out of their eyes!  Ridiculous!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

The thick fake drawn on eyebrow thing is really bizarre.  Pair those w/all the lash extensions I'm seeing.  Not sure which is worse, heavy fake lashes or too long eye extensions.  It's all very distracting and I don't think it adds to one's beauty.

I agree also about the highlighter applied on the cheekbone.  Another unnatural thing to stare at.  I guess its using a heavy hand to apply these things that is a turn off to me.

I have very thin lips so I can't do matte lipsticks.  The overly long pointed or squared off nails also don't appeal to me.  And yes, I too agree about red/pink eye shadows.  I read once years ago never to apply reds around the eyes because it'd make you look sick like you had a case of pink eye.  Wonder what the trends for 2020 will be?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I'd like to say Bye Bye to all Instagram makeup on women who are passed 25.

No to heavy, full coverage foundations, concealers that are several shades too light, obvious contour/highlight. In general, unnatural, too obvious makeup looks. 

Respected Contributor

i have never followed trends in makeup, beauty or clothes Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

i have never followed trends in makeup, beauty or clothes Smiley Happy

@FlowerBear   I don't either. I prefer to be me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Shanus   me too Smiley Happy i have no need for any trends at all. and they come and go!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

@Shanus   me too Smiley Happy i have no need for any trends at all. and they come and go!

@FlowerBear   I worked with and for Bobbi Brown for so long and fell in love with that "natural makeup...enhance your features and still look like you" philosophy. I've tweaked it a bit over the years, but haven't strayed too far. When you begin working with her (representing her brand), she'd like you to have that look.

She did a face chart w/ my colors from foundation, concealer, shadow, lips, etc. Except for products/shades that have been discontinued (& I found similar ones in other lines), that's still my look. I switched from powder blush to cream blush and stay w/ her tinted moisturizer (foundation stick where more coverage is needed). 

Bobbi believes in playing up your features, so I played up my clear fair skin, left my thick brows alone and learned that having fair skin is OK. It's made my makeup life easier figuring all this out. 

It's accepting who you are and being comfortable with that....not trying to look like anyone else. No trends needed.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Interesting comment and I can see how this might work.  I've always thought of matte as drying and aging, but I can see your pov.  Thanks for the suggestion,

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Matte lipsticks work well for me, since I have so many issues with bleeding and feathering.  I have used so many products to try and stop this but don't have a lot of luck.  Yes, at times the lips get dry, but it's preferable to me than having these terrible looking feathering and bleeding issues!  Some matte lipsticks are not that drying.  Others, yes.  Of course, I would rather have the more moisturizing ones but for the most part they just do not work for me! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Long  Artificial nails  !  Wearing these carry all types of bacteria . Some women have their nails  so long that I don't know how they get dressed . I irk when I see  any person with long fake nails - disgusting  to think of the germs they carry . There were outbreaks  of Hospital aquired infections a few yrs ago from Nurses  who had long finger nails .