Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty shopping in a pandemic world

I love my Sephora and will continue to shop there. Even if there are no testers, I will make purchases based on previous likes. It's my understanding they still have that little gadget to color match foundations and I've had good luck with that. I haven't shopped recently because I stocked up in February and haven't worn make up as much since I'm working from home, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Sephora if I needed something. 

Honored Contributor

From what I hear, cosmetics/skincare lines are scrambling to stay afloat. Many women who used to consider makeup a necessity are now used to wearing much less or none at all. Sales are way down for all foundations and lip products. The last thing they need is contamination from testers whether the sales associate is dipping in without gloves or the customer. 

Any products I purchase are ones I'm familiar with...shade and performance. These come from the lines' site where there are frequent F&F sales or if lucky, my professional discount. Otherwise I shop Nordstrom online because of free ship/free returns. 

Honored Contributor

@TY   Drugstores are more apt to not remove older products. Dept. stores keep expensive makeup/skincare behind the counter, in drawers away from the lights that could break down the product. They also send reps to replace older products periodically whereas drugstore makeup sometimes stays on the rack until it sells out or another shipment arrives which is placed behind the older ones. ***Always choose the ones to the back...75% chance they're newer. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Sephora and Blue Mercury in an outdoor shopping center by me and will definitely be back in to support them when they reopen in a couple of weeks.  There are enough swatches on the internet and utube if you want to see what a color looks like before hand.