Frequent Contributor

Re: Beauty products...ingredients vs Argan oil

I use PTR's Retionol Fusion Serum and his nightly exholiating pads, plus Argan Milk by Josie Maran. I've had amazing results with PTR's Retional Fusion. All the crepiness under my eyes have fanished. I had a few sun spots that have fanished too. It really depends on the results you want. However with retinol you need to use a moisurizer. Depending on the time of year and how dry my skin is I use Argan oil, milk or butter. PTR makes a night cream too, so in the cooler months, I usually use it. I use Laura Gellar's Spackle to seal it all in for the night. I've heard her mention using her product like this more than once on air. Mally has mentioned using her primer in the same manner. 

[ Edited ]

i'm glad i found this topic.  i think actual proven ingredients that fight aging are better than argan oil.  i started using josie's argan oil when i was 29. i had this big line on my forehead that wouldn't budge. i used two of the mini argan oils and two jumbo sizes for three years and the line was still there!  i stopped using argan oil. it does nada!  i am 36 now and i have discovered retinA AND ROSEHIP SEED oil and glycolic and salicylic acid in the last four years and my skin is smooth, i have no wrinkles and that line in my forehead is greatly diminished (only comes when i furrow my brow haha). 

if you really want to see if argan is a miracle or not, just look at josie and that model anne.  josie's skin looks so rough now and she has massive lines  on her for forehead and around her eyes! as for anne, her whole face is like a road map when she smiles and when her face is at rest.  HDTV shows everything y'all.  Argan is fine to pair with an anti-aging cream but not on its own. 

Respected Contributor

I have come to believe that it's really about your genetics and how you've treated your skin throughout the years! 

Prescription products are the only ones that truly make a difference after a certain age. Anything else is usually a fancy-schmancy moisturizer.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty products...ingredients vs organ oil

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Hopefully I can make this clear. and easy to answer

...which is more important...the ingredients in a beauty product, specifically a moisturiser and/or a facial product like a face pad (dr. denese, peter thomas roth) that contains ingredients to help fend off the aging process or  using a pure product like Argan oil that keeps the skin supple?

Currently I have the Dr. Denese pads that I use several times a week but wondering when I run out if I should just not reorder and purchase an argan oil to keep the skin on my face supple?

thanks!

@Mom2Dogs  Skincare isn't a 1-stop shop, it's a routine that addresses multiple issues and one product just can't do it all.  You need to exfoliate, feed, moisturize, and have some degree of sun protection.  After that, you can evaluate your skin/complexion for other issues you may need to address - ie. hyperpigmentation, firmness, etc.  Your pads from Dr. D or PTR address the surface exfoliation.  This is an important step.  It helps to remove the dead skin from the surface and helps the skin renewal process.  My understanding of argan oil is that it is used as a moisturizer but some people probably believe it's their serum too.  That, you'll have to research and weigh yourself. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  Bravo. Couldn’t have said it better! 👌🏻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

I have come to believe that it's really about your genetics and how you've treated your skin throughout the years! 

Prescription products are the only ones that truly make a difference after a certain age. Anything else is usually a fancy-schmancy moisturizer.

@Jacie  That group of skincare products are pharmaceuticals. They have a medically based background and research, sometimes not available in dept. stores but rather derm offices or medi spas. A moisturizer can only help dry skin. If you want more effective anti-aging properties, have to check ingredients and look for active ones like retinol, AHA, BHA, Vit. C., etc. They won’t be all in one product. 

I found my most fruitful routine by having a facial...medical type in a medi spa or derm office. They not only can assess your skin, but make suggestions for the type of products you need for the results you are after. Saves a lot of time and money in the long run....experimenting w/ products that irritate or haven’t shown results.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Hopefully I can make this clear. and easy to answer

...which is more important...the ingredients in a beauty product, specifically a moisturiser and/or a facial product like a face pad (dr. denese, peter thomas roth) that contains ingredients to help fend off the aging process or  using a pure product like Argan oil that keeps the skin supple?

Currently I have the Dr. Denese pads that I use several times a week but wondering when I run out if I should just not reorder and purchase an argan oil to keep the skin on my face supple?

thanks!

@Mom2Dogs  Skincare isn't a 1-stop shop, it's a routine that addresses multiple issues and one product just can't do it all.  You need to exfoliate, feed, moisturize, and have some degree of sun protection.  After that, you can evaluate your skin/complexion for other issues you may need to address - ie. hyperpigmentation, firmness, etc.  Your pads from Dr. D or PTR address the surface exfoliation.  This is an important step.  It helps to remove the dead skin from the surface and helps the skin renewal process.  My understanding of argan oil is that it is used as a moisturizer but some people probably believe it's their serum too.  That, you'll have to research and weigh yourself. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  Bravo. Couldn’t have said it better! 👌🏻

Well, I am going to respectfully disagree about the 1-stop shop for skincare! I believe a young person in their teens & 20s can get away with it -- for a while! Other than that -- ditto to both @JeanLouiseFinch and @Shanus!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I currently use prescription products from a physician. They have  made the difference. And, very noticeably!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Im so glad you shared about Acure Organics. I looked at the website and the prices are great and the products sounds amazing. Next time I need to order products that is where I will order  Smiley Happy  Plus I like that it is a family owned business.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Shanus

I currently use prescription products from a physician. They have  made the difference. And, very noticeably!

@Jacie  Great to hear.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Im so glad you shared about Acure Organics. I looked at the website and the prices are great and the products sounds amazing. Next time I need to order products that is where I will order  Smiley Happy  Plus I like that it is a family owned business.

They're also at Whole Foods.