Valued Contributor

Beauty products from China...

[ Edited ]

I have been cautious about buying cosmetics from China for some time, especially things like lip products and eye makeup.  There have been too many hazardous products (later recalled) that were imported from China (pet food, toothpaste, toys, baby formula, etc.)

Given the way the corona virus was handled (withholding information and then covering up the severity of the virus) I don’t feel I can really trust buying any beauty related products  imported from China, and I will be finding alternatives to the few things I do use.

Regular Contributor

Re: Beauty products from China...

FYI: most of our pharmaceuticals, API's are made in China. Google for details.

Esteemed Contributor

i dont think China is any more of a risk for this virus than buying items made in the US or France.....or anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

At most, the coronavirus only lives on items a few days, far less time than it takes to manufacture and ship an item to the US.  There's a thread on this subject.

Look at all the items manufactured or grown in the US that are recalled every year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Most all of our supplements are either made or sourced in China. If a product says it's made in the USA, that doesn't necessarily mean all of it's ingredients come from the USA and some of those ingredients come from overseas. Same is true for cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

animal testing .....expiration date: neverSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Most all of our supplements are either made or sourced in China. If a product says it's made in the USA, that doesn't necessarily mean all of it's ingredients come from the USA and some of those ingredients come from overseas. Same is true for cosmetics.

And food.

Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, I am not in any way concerned about the cosmetics from China being contaminated with the corona virus.  (Virus cannot live that long).  I just meant that I don’t trust how things might be manufactured or be  contaminated with other substances (for example, the pet food, toothpaste, baby formula etc from China that was recalled in recent years)

Honored Contributor

At this point, people in the US are catching the virus from other Americans.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

FYI: most of our pharmaceuticals, API's are made in China. Google for details.

I agree.  We don’t have a choice with many of the drugs we need (they are only manufactured in China). However, I DO have a choice on what cosmetics I use.