Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty products I've been trying

@kate2357 

Yes, it's a crossover bag.  Hope it's not too big.  I got it from 
Amazon using the "try before you buy" option.  

purse.jpg

Honored Contributor

I've only used Maybelline mascara since the 60's.

Twiggy was my hero.  I've always loved eye makeup.  Not eye shadow.  Just liner and mascara.

A time or two I'd try one that QVC sells, but I always go back to Maybelline.

I decided to try that new Maybelline that advertises that it also curls the eyelashes.

Save your money.  I always curl them first anyway, but this product does nothing.

Now I'm back to Maybelline waterproof.  I also like IT eyeliner.  It's great.

Another thing I discovered.  I've always used my hand putting on my IT foundation over my Laura Geller Spackle.

I'm often told I don't look like I'm 75 years old.

Two things I have problems with those compliments.  The first is that I just don't have many wrinkles.  I usually say, "That's because I paint up my face".  This is totally true.

Putting on foundation makes my face all one color.  It covers up the imperfections. Anyone can look younger if they wear makeup...anyone.

Usually the nice complaints comes from women who don't wear any makeup.

I also wear a short wig.  That helps a lot.

So there you have it.  Don't waste your money on that new Maybelline mascara that "supposedly" curls eyelashes.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I ordered the foundation from Amazon instead of picking it up at WM.  I put it on half my face last night.  This is hard to admit and it's just a first impression but I LOVED it!  I couldn't get over how it felt on my face...like silk.  I put it on over a Benefit Tinted Poreless primer.  I know some people like to not apply over anything when they're giving a first impression but that's how I wear foundations.  I will never wear one without first prepping my face.  It was light, silky and I was still able to see my skin under it.  If someone is dealing with texture (pimples), scaring or any other skin issues they want to hide, it might not be enough coverage.  This is a good every day foundation.  I'll use ones with more coverage at times but this applied and looked GREAT.  I'm going to wear it today and see how it does being out and about Smiley Happy  THANK YOU!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

I ordered the foundation from Amazon instead of picking it up at WM.  I put it on half my face last night.  This is hard to admit and it's just a first impression but I LOVED it!  I couldn't get over how it felt on my face...like silk.  I put it on over a Benefit Tinted Poreless primer.  I know some people like to not apply over anything when they're giving a first impression but that's how I wear foundations.  I will never wear one without first prepping my face.  It was light, silky and I was still able to see my skin under it.  If someone is dealing with texture (pimples), scaring or any other skin issues they want to hide, it might not be enough coverage.  This is a good every day foundation.  I'll use ones with more coverage at times but this applied and looked GREAT.  I'm going to wear it today and see how it does being out and about Smiley Happy  THANK YOU!

@monicakm - You are so welcome!  Glad you love it - so far.  Let me know what you think after you give it a real test.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I used the Loreal foundation yesterday.  It's nice to know there is such a nice foundation at the drugstore.  It wore well.  I did have to work with it a little more but it held up well and I had it on for well over 10 hours.  I wouldn't say I like it better than my higher end foundations tho.  But it did surprise me (in a good way) Smiley Happy