Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty product you'd NEVER want to see discontinued

I have had to deal with this issue many times through the years. It seems I am on the hunt for replacements all the time. Example: lipcolors, blush colors and mascaras.

I wish they would bring back L'air du temps bath powder. I loved that scent so much. I can still get the fragrance at Walgreens, but no powder. In fact it's next to impossible to find perfumed bath powders. Another scent I miss is My Sin by Lanvin.

Oh, and I hope Laura Geller never stops making Balance and Brighten foundation in porcelain. 

If any one on here can tell me where I can buy LA Mineral powder, I would appreciate it.

Trusted Contributor

Mine would be:

Wen cleansing conditioners

Drunk elephant Vit. C serum, glycolic night serum and lip balm

Isomers immortal serum, retiniacin cream

Blinc mascara

Hopefully, never discontinued and remaining cruelty free.

Respected Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I have had to deal with this issue many times through the years. It seems I am on the hunt for replacements all the time. Example: lipcolors, blush colors and mascaras.

I wish they would bring back L'air du temps bath powder. I loved that scent so much. I can still get the fragrance at Walgreens, but no powder. In fact it's next to impossible to find perfumed bath powders. Another scent I miss is My Sin by Lanvin.

Oh, and I hope Laura Geller never stops making Balance and Brighten foundation in porcelain. 

If any one on here can tell me where I can buy LA Mineral powder, I would appreciate it.

Over on HSN, Perlier sells great bath powders.  They are the finest I've ever found.

They used to sell many more varieties, which I miss.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I have been using Estée Lauder hydrationist for many years. I wish they would not discontinue this moisture cream, works great on my face and neck area.  

I have been told they are phasing this moisture cream out for heavier creams (which I have tried and can't use-- to heavy for my me and I break out).  Will eventually have to find a new moisture cream. Took me forever to find hydrationist after many years of hunt and try. 

I have tried the dirt cheap moisture creams to really expensive creams and this is the only one that worked for me.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

I have been using Estée Lauder hydrationist for many years. I wish they would not discontinue this moisture cream, works great on my face and neck area.  

I have been told they are phasing this moisture cream out for heavier creams (which I have tried and can't use-- to heavy for my me and I break out).  Will eventually have to find a new moisture cream. Took me forever to find hydrationist after many years of hunt and try. 

I have tried the dirt cheap moisture creams to really expensive creams and this is the only one that worked for me.

If I were you, I'd certainly stock up on some!

Honored Contributor

I have a huge supply in my make up cabinet (huge cabinet my husband built for me).  I replenish when I use 1 container I repurchase the moisture cream from only store I can get it at.  My sales rep keeps a supply on hand (hidden) for me so I will keep ordering.

Frequent Contributor

Retin A

Timeless Vitamin C + E + Ferulic

Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

I've mentioned this before, but I have a couple of compacts made in China versus Italy and sadly, they are not the same even though the ingredient list hasn't changed.  The sponge is just as good, but it doesn't glide across the product to pick it up; I have to sort of drag the sponge and the surface gets kind of streaky. I find myself having to wipe off the surface periodically. Then, at the end of my first compact from China, the product just started to split into pieces. 

Unfortunately I don't think there is any other product like this. I've tried Paula's choice shine stopper, but I it clogged my pores and didn't really do much for the shine. I haven't given up, will keep working with this new formula because even though I don't like it as well, it's still better then powder. 

I may have seen something similar (not sure) in a SKINN product.  I didn't look into it (maybe now I should), but it struck me as similar.

Hyacinth

Since I've been telling everyone I know how sad I am about this, I can't remember who told me about this product - I think it was an Ulta mua, but I'm not sure! Smiley Embarassed Anyway - something close to Mally's is Benefit's "dr. feelgood mattifying balm." She said it is similar to Mally's and I might like it. I did get it, but I haven't tried it yet. When I do, I'll let you all know what I think! Smiley Happy

---------

I would love to hear what you think, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Max Factor "Pan Stik."

I've been wearing this foundation, on and off, since I was about 14. The formula has certainly changed over the years, but yet it's still a great product.

I don't think they make it in the USA anymore. It appears it's now made in Ireland, but I can still order it online. And the price is cheap!

I don't wear it every day, but sometimes I get the urge to put it on.

Anyone else wear it?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Ahava Extreme Night Treatment