Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty product you'd NEVER want to see discontinued

I can tell you what i want back. max factor perfumed body lotion that was popular in the late 70s/early 80's and discontinued eons ago

Respected Contributor

Two of my favorite products were discontinued years ago and I still miss them:

1. Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask - Still around, I think, but in name only.  The original was like freshly mashed papaya with a short shelf life. And so gentle it could be used every day.

2. Avon had a Vitamin C liquid in a brown bottle that I loved.  It was the last thing I used in my skin care routine and it gave me a radiant glow - not greasy.  

I have never found a replacement for either product.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Two of my favorite products were discontinued years ago and I still miss them:

1. Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask - Still around, I think, but in name only.  The original was like freshly mashed papaya with a short shelf life. And so gentle it could be used every day.

2. Avon had a Vitamin C liquid in a brown bottle that I loved.  It was the last thing I used in my skin care routine and it gave me a radiant glow - not greasy.  

I have never found a replacement for either product.

@ Montana,

I like doing masks, too. One day I was at my local Walgreens and picked this papaya mask. It's made here in my state of Colorado, organic and I love it!  I think I paid around 18 or 20 for it. 

Organic-Rejuvenating-Enzyme-Mask.jpg

lily-farm-fresh-enzyme-mask.jpg

Respected Contributor

I am going with all Wen Mango/Coconut.  It is my go to scent.  I love all the tiems.  I am hoping it will continue to come back. 

And

Praying It Cosmetics stays the same, after the merge.  IT is my go to brand of cosmetics.

Deb

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, what is the shelf life of the Rejuvenating Mask?  I would like to try it but I have a few other masks I need to use up.

Thanks for posting. I love hearing about all types of skin care.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@SilleeMee, what is the shelf life of the Rejuvenating Mask?  I would like to try it but I have a few other masks I need to use up.

Thanks for posting. I love hearing about all types of skin care.

@ Montana,

Shelf life of one year. 

Lily has a wonderful website with blogs and lots of info about her farm fresh skincare products. You can also buy them from this site. lilyfarmfreshskincare dot com.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I still miss the original Herbal Essence shampoo that I used in the 7th grade.

I hear ya!  I miss Flex!  I found probably the last bottle on the planet at drugstore.com a few years ago and I keep it in a closet so I can sniff it every now and then.  Oh -- and I still keep a little Love's Rain scent on hand for that occasional sniff.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Dr Denese's Hydroshield serum. I've tried replacing this with other products in the past and my skin is just not having it. I use her other products but I'll switch back and fourth with Paula's Choice products but I'll never be without the Hydroshield. That's why I'm on auto delivery for the jumbo 6 oz size.

Valued Contributor

Great idea for a thread, @hyacinth003!

I have only one that I truly would hate to be without, and that's a waterproof, smudgeproof mascara coating.  It's clear, and you just brush it on over your mascara.  Without it, I get circles under my eyes a panda would envy in about 2 hours.

For ages, there was only one - Clarins Fixe Mascara.  This evolved into Double Fixe Mascara (to be used on lashes and brows, as needed) but it still works the same so no problem there.

Then, Anastasia came out with Lash Genius, which also worked just fine and was available at Sephora, and was priced about the same as the Clarins product.

An additional option surfaced a while back in the form of BE Locked and Coated, which worked fine and was about half the price of the other two.

Well, when I was shopping last weekend, I discovered that two of those options had vanished - both the Lash Genius and the Locked and Coated have been discontinued. So, back to only one product (that I know of) that answers my need.

Feeling a wee bit panicky, I bought 3 tubes.  The Clarins rep assured me that there were no evil plans afoot to stop making it, and that it sold well for them.  I can only hope!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

Full 'N Soft

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~