Frequent Contributor

Beauty/makeup bags cases?

[ Edited ]

I need some suggestions from y'all as to what kind of makeup bags/cases etc. that you use to keep your makeup in? I'm referring to just makeup and not skin care, as I have that covered. I currently keep it in a small train case but it is not big enough and it is very unorganized and junky, not to mention I am a makeup junky and have ALOT! I do not have an empty drawer or counter space so I keep it all in a couple of beauty bags so I can grab and go if I decide to head out on an impromptu weekend getaway. Any suggestions would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty/makeup bags cases?

I use the make up bags I get from Clinique bonus packs. I have so many through the years I have given some away. As a matter of fact I’ll get another next week from their bonus time. Already preordered.

Valued Contributor

I keep mine in this caddy which was purchased at TJ Maxx but Target now carries it in their stores.  It's really handy and I like that it has a handle to make it easier to carry from place to place.  I have a separate container for brushes.  I believe it is a toothbrush holder that I got from Target in the bathroom section. For travel, I have a zippered two-sided case to put skin care on one side and makeup in another.The Glamour Caddy Cosmetic Organization System Clear - BINO® - image 2 of 2

Respected Contributor

My make-up is divided up between one large vinyl zip bag for drug store products and I have acrylic organizers for high end and brushes. In my handbag I carry an LV cosmetic bag that I've had for 35 years, I wash/wipe all out with a sanitizer regularly.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

@laurelei this is a great idea for keeping my better beauty products, thank you!
Honored Contributor

In the drawer of my vanity.

Honored Contributor

I bought one of these rolling makeup cases for my MU junkie friend for Christmas one year. She loves it! The thing comes apart so you can take the top part off and use it as a smaller traincase for travel and leave the bottom for your stash at home. This one I have pictured here is similar to the one I bought her. They are sold at many places. I think I paid around $120 for hers.

TS110SPKG_0a3f827e-8e3c-4796-8774-a6214313ee32_large.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Hi have something similar to this with out the open storage on the top. Mine has another row of smaller drawers on the top

81cminZ+46L._SX522_.jpg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

@SilleeMee, I LOVE this idea! I will definately look into finding something similair! I want to keep it all together and the idea of taking one part off for travel is genius Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of the lucite drawers that poster, oxox, showed a pic of, but mine are just drawers, nothing on the top altho I do have one of those for my lip stuff. I went thru all my makeup, cleaned everything and tossed out a ton of junk. Have a drawer for every thing. Really nice. I bought mine on AMZ. Need to label the drawers now. Looks good and I can see everything.