Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty goodies that arrived today

@monicakm - I had the Wedding Song played at my first wedding.  Great song, not so great marriage.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Cool @JudyL Smiley Happy  I'm sure a lot of us brides in that era had that song.  We also had the Carpenters "We've Only Just Begun".  Listened to that song tonight too and a string of other 70's song.  Sitting out in the pasture, clear night, breeze and a campfire has been a great evening.  Only thing missing was marshmallows.  I smell like campfire smoke tho.

Honored Contributor

52 yrs. here. Secret? Equal patnership. We each know exactly what the other's doing. We consult before large purchases. Never go to sleep angry.

If there's a disagreement, we talk it out for hours. If no one's "winning", we table the discussion for another time before it gets heated.

I do all the cooking (he makes scrambled eggs and cappacinos...that's IT)...but he does all the dishes, pots, loads the dishwasher. 

We alternate choosing vacations. Apologies are most important. No one hurts the other. 

Nope not perfect for 52 years...many rough spots, but we've made it while 75% of our divorced. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I've never worked so the balance of duties and chores is much different than a marriage with both working.  It's a very traditional marriage.  For better or for worse.   We both make each other laugh.  He loves me unconditionally and thinks I'm quirky.  I love his ethics and strong values and how he lays his hands on me to pray when I'm sick. The ring tone he put on his phone years ago, and is still there, says so much about him...

Hold the door, say "please", say "thank you"
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb
But always stay humble and kind.  

Tim McGraw "Humble and Kind"

And I love how he knew exactly what I'd like to do tonight, sit by a campfire with the dogs and listen to our old songs.

52 years.  Congratulations Shanus!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Thank you. Sounds ideal to me. Congrats again!!!