Honored Contributor

Beauty goodies that arrived today

First, went to ULTA to do some holiday stocking shopping for DD and checked out the MAC items in the TSV - the lipstick is gorgeous and have to agree that it would look good on anyone - its a medium toned rose/brown shade; its got some substance to the color but not bright or dark.  The eyeshadow palettes are small but I'm ok with that.  Just don't expect a large 9 shadow palette but I still think it is worth it.  The shades are definitely neutral shades but pretty and saturated looking, not drab or washed out looking.  The colors for the Spring AD are really nice and I would say muted and soft but not drab just not bright.

When I got home in the mail there were 3 packages waiting for me.  Paula's Choice discoloration serum (a replenish so not new to me); Flower Beauty Spice Petal cream lipstick - so pretty!  Heard this was a dupe for Charlotte Tillbury's Pillow Talk - don't know if it is or not but its a soft neutral pink with a touch of brown I think in it.  It looks darker in the tube than how it went on.  A good everyday color.  Also received Tarte Bloom blush.  This is a new blush from Tarte and its a peachy pink but not coral soft blush that looks so pretty on.  I am so happy with this blush.  Good wedding day color.  

Happy with everything that came today which is always a good thing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty goodies that arrived today

@JudyL   Sounds like a nice haul. Enjoy everything you purchased.

Honored Contributor

Sounds lovely!  Would love to know the name of the lipstick!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a fun makeup type of day!  Wedding day color?  Are you getting married or just "in general"  Today is my 42nd wedding anniversary.  That's a long time to keep the same thing without upgrading LOLOL!  I thought about that on my wedding day.  But I can honestly say I love him sooooooo much more now than I did on the evening of Nov 16, 1979

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   The TSV lipcolor is Cream in Your Coffee.

Honored Contributor

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY @monicakm .💕💖🌹

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  - thank you for your beauty "field trip" report! I'm excited to get the MAC TSV 😁

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@monicakm - Happy Anniversary to you!  Lord be woman, no I'm not getting married.  Been down that road  more than once and am not in any way doing it again.  But I"m really happy for you and your DH - 42 years is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

Wow, thanks so much Shanus!  DH is outside building a fire in the firering so we can contemplate why we did what we did 42 years ago LOL  One of our songs at our wedding was "The Wedding Song (There is Love) buy Paul Stookey of Peter Paul and Mary.  I'm going to have tjhe outdoor Google speaker play it while we're outside  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wanna know my secret (just in case you decide to give it another try)?  Let him think he's in charge (but you know you are) LOL