Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty gift for teenager?

After spending a fortune on a couple of dermatologists and prescriptions, I found the best thing for my teen and me was ProActiv.  

Maybe hair products or gift cards to the salon or Sephora?  Eyeshadow palettes and lippies are popular with teens. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  @PreKteacher   I wholeheartedly agree!!!  Nicely said Ms Shanus. 

I'd add Ms PreKteacher, if you choose to not set up appt w/derm, invest in ProActiv. This product is AMAZING. It truly works, I firmly attest to this.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher   You're very kind. You can tell my scars run deep. Let's not dwell ....

Listen, I swear by ProActiv as many others have talked about as well. I'm 68 yrs old and I still have some of the facial wash. I've not had a need to use it for years but I still like to have it on hand.

Something else to think about may be your daughter's diet. When I was a teen greasy snack foods ie potato chips, fritos and the like did me in. My Derm started with my diet. We eliminated all sorts of stuff, added in one by one to see what bothered me. I'm sure your Derm has done this too, if not, bring it up the next time. 

Treat your dear to ProActiv and wash daily morning & night. You'll both be amazed I'm sure. 

BEST to you BOTH!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @PINKdogWOOD. I had acne when I was a teen, (still have trouble sometimes) the more make up I'd put on to cover it, the worse it would get. Just a bad cycle.

I'd take her to a dermatologist. My skin isn't perfect, but it feels so good to have clearer skin, its a real confidence booster.

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher   This is from Benefit Cosmetics which have quite a few gift sets and they cater to the younger age group.  The gift below is $30 with a full size blush.  Check out other gifts on their websites.

Benefit Cosmetics Life is a Pretty Party holiday product styled.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Sent gift cards to my granddaughters for their 15th birthday,from ultra.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I remember my Mom taking me somewhere so we could both have a little beauty/skin consultation.  It may have been an upscale department store (I can't remember), but she purchased some products for herself and got me some products too.  That was a fun day and something out of the ordinary for us to do together.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Super Contributor

I got my daughter a year subscription to Birch Box.  They send 5 little samples each month of something based on how your daughter would fill out the welcome survey with her skin type and acne breakouts.  She loved it.

Honored Contributor

Usually acne is treated with low dose tetracycline class of antibiotics. It does cause sun sensitivity or redness if exposed to long term time out in the sun. 

I got for my DIL the Bobbi Brown mini eye shadow sticks at Nordstrom. 

16FBAAA9-31A1-4491-AD4B-A075D544CD8B.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼