Esteemed Contributor

Beauty declutter - Thank you, next

It's that time of year when it's almost the year end and I am watching beauty youtubers do year end declutters. This year I've noticed that a few are riffing off of Ariana Grande's song "Thank You, Next" and saying why they are decluttering and thanking the product for whatever (good makeup that's expired, products that you used and liked for a bit, or you learned something about the product or similar products that you are getting rid of.)

I've decluttered some old lipsticks that I learned that don't work for me including liquid lipsticks and matte lipsticks that are too drying and flaky looking once they dry down. I got rid of lipsticks that the color doesn't suit me including those that are too nude or have an orange cast. I got rid of expired lipsticks that had sunscreen in them.

I got rid of duplicate unopened sunscreens that I don't want to use because I found something I like better so I got rid of 2 tubes of Australian Gold mineral sunscreens as I like my Clinique mineral sunscreens better. The Aussie Gold ones are hard to clean off my skin and require a double cleanse to get them off my face and neck.

And lastly I got rid of some old Dalton brow creams. I held on to them since 2010 because they worked and didn't wash off easily since I need to cover bare spots in my brows but I like the Maybelline Tattoo waterproof brow gel in dark brown instead that I bought this year. I use an angled brow brush and just dab the tip of the brush onto the doe foot or wand since I don't need much product. This stuff doesn't wash off easily so that is good for me since it won't accidentally rub off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty declutter - Thank you, next

Good for you! I'm of the mindset- less is more. Can not live with over abundance of anything, be it makeup, clothing, or anything else.

Love! George Carlin's routine "Stuff" brilliant man. 

Honored Contributor

Great Idea! Sounds like something I need to do badly.  I can start slowly....ease into it.

It is hard for me to part with  old makeup stuff....I do not know why!

Respected Contributor

I did this about 1 month ago (I think) posted about it here too LOL!  Anyhoo....it makes you feel so good when you do that!  JOYOUS in a odd way....I began using a Make up organizer that LG sells here on the Q (updated to this one from a previous one she offered many moons ago) plus I went thur all my drawers and got it all organized.