Super Contributor

Re: Beauty brands that are no more

Need to add one more:  Mary Kay's Angel Fire fragrance.

Valued Contributor

Loved this one too!

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Principal Secret.  Simple and it worked.  

@brandiwine  Principal Secret is still around. Victoria Secret sold her company to Guthy Renker. You can find the line at Principalsecretdotcom. It's the same products with the same 60 day bottom of the jar guarantee.

Valued Contributor

@We rescue cats 

Hi I used and love it too. It is sold at the Vermont Country Store and I just looked Indian Earth has it own website too . Have a great weekend 

Trusted Contributor

Max Factor-  I really liked the pancake make up and the mascra that had the three sided brush-- brush, comb and like a spatula.  

Jane Cosmetics - this was a fun cheap line that I used to see at wal mart... back when I was young and broke.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Texas Gray Wolf wrote:

Need to add one more:  Mary Kay's Angel Fire fragrance.

@Texas Gray Wolf yes, that smelled so good...They also used to make a gorgeous lip color called Raspberry Ice that was myb favorite, they discontinued it for a long time and then brought it back, but it wasn't the same.

Respected Contributor

One product that I think and hope is not around any more is Toni Home Permanents. Did any of you suffer the indignity of a home perm in your childhood? 

Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

Is Indian Earth still around? It came in a little earthen pot with a big cork. It could be used for everything from lipstick to eye shadow to foundation/bronzer.....

There is a version of this now available called California Sunglow. It's quite expensive but lasts forever. I still use it and love it. 

Contributor

I think I most miss Mojave Magic. Also, for blush I loved the Bonne Bell tinted sticks. 

Honored Contributor

@Texas Gray Wolf wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I remember my Grandmother using Tussy products, the name made me giggle then. Her nail polish was Cutex. 

My Mom used Jean Nate bath products. I was a Bonne Bell girl!

You can buy Jean Nate body splash on fragrancenet.com

Tussy was the only deodorant my father would use.