Honored Contributor

Beauty Vendor calling his products MAGICAL

[ Edited ]

On HSN  the vendor Nassif(plastic surgeon) keeps calling his Detox Pads MAGICAL.  THAT IS JUST SUCH BULL.  I would think he would not use such wording. Makes him appear so  in unethical and appear like a snake oil salesman. Plus it is demeaning to the intelligence of his viewer/ consumer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Vendor calling his products MAGICAL

@SeaMaiden, Thanks for the tip.  Magic?  I’ll have to check it out.  I have bought buckets of skin care over the years, hoping for magic that never comes.  Call me an eternal optimist - but really gullible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am using many products and am getting such great results that I would describe them as magical!!  I am constantly trying new products and some are just ok but there are many that work great.  Nothing works for everyone but there are products that will work for everyone if they choose to improve the condition of their skin.  Nothing will make anyone look 20 years younger.  It's ok also if some don't want to find and use products that would make a huge difference.  I don't find it demeaning nor  unethical in any way.  If anyone finds it demeaning to their intelligence - well that is a self esteem issue on their part!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not at all offended by the use of the term "magical" in this case. It's a sales pitch...nothing more.  I can't imagine anyone taking it "literally".

Honored Contributor

I personally find it tacky.  He also called another one of his products magical on the same show this morning.  Just not necessary to use that wording....

Respected Contributor

I use those pads and while I do like them, they are def not magical!

Valued Contributor

The magic part is how our money disappears trying all this miracle products!

Honored Contributor

Those pads contain mostly witch hazel and some topical acids. The rest of it is solvents, skin conditioners, a dash of retinoid and preservatives. Nothing 'magical' about that stuff at all. 

Trusted Contributor

He showed "before and after" photos, I'd have been ashamed to. I didn't notice any difference but that might be me...

Valued Contributor

Reviews were really good on the tsv serum. I haven't tried any of his products but have to admit that one tempted me.