Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,811
Registered: ‎09-16-2010

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28

I have used this in the past, it does work for dry heels if used regularly. I however forget & have a barely used tube. I tend to get cracked heels during the drier months. Currently don't have this issue, must be all the body butters/phytoceramides/collagen peptide or simply the season. Something seems to work. 

 

btw, retailmenot has 15% cash back. 

 

Ice Elements - I remember that company, they offered a loyalty program, took money from a lot of customers & then sold the company to Guthy Renker. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,971
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28

My feet will go south pretty quickly if I don't keep up with them. Once a week I exfoliate my entire body with a sugar scrub. My feet get the same treatment with a foot scrub. Right now I am using up Dermapeel from Skinn because I have several tubes back from his Evine days. Everyone I have given a tube to hates it so I am stuck using my last few tubes. In between exfoliating days if I notice an issue I have a four-in-one wand from Walmart I will give any problem areas a quick once over. 

I use a lotion on my feet every day and that seems to keep them in check. Right now I am using Beekman Wondermilk and OMG my feet have never looked better. I love this stuff and would get it on AD if I could. I keep it in the fridge and even cold as soon as it hits my body it melts into a luscious oil that has made my feet as soft as a baby's bottom. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,369
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

This stuff appears to be a similar kind of product to the Cure Aqua Gel or PTR FirmX, only for the feet (well, from the neck, down).  I used the Cure Aqua Gel ages ago and liked it quite a bit.  Then there was all this talk discrediting it, saying it was tricking people into thinking it was their skin being exfoliated when it was just the cellulose balling up. I quit using it then. I've since read online that it's a combination of both.  The cellulose does ball up, but then acts similar to a scrub, but much more gently, so dead skin is mixed in the particles as well.  I wear Crocs all the time and am consistent with moisturizing so my feet aren't bad at all.  I'll probably pass on this TS, but now I'm curious about peeling gels for the face again.  🤷‍♀️


I had wondered about that.  Might be a good option for the face.  I don't like scrubs, especially the Skinn Dermapeel because it's just too harsh for me.  

 

My feet are in pretty good shape.  I wear socks & shoes year round since they get cold easily, so nobody is seeing them anyways.  I try to use some Kerasal on a regular basis especially on my heels and the outside of my big toe.  It's salicylic-based.  I also have an odd dry patch on the inside of just my left big toe, so I make a point to put it there too.  I always incude my feet when I use body lotion.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,576
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28

I use a hand held gizmo I got on amazon years ago called Sof Feet Callus Reducer, love it and it works, use it once a week, non battery. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,344
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28


@MG Chris wrote:

@Ilovelife123 wrote:
https://www.hsn.com/products/the-beauty-spy-2-pack-tropical-edition-ez-foot-peeling-/20842489

I’m underwhelmed, but I hope everyone loves it!

Her whole line underwhelmes me. I have tried so many products and only one or two have been good.

 

The reviews on any of her products are not great. There are so many great lines out there that HSN could carry instead. She is on a lot and I don't understand why they keep pushing her products.


@MG Chris   I agree completely.  This entire line is absolutely underwhelming.  For me, it's even worse than that; I just don't trust that brand vendor or her products.  My guess is HSN can get this product for pennies, and mark it up for higher revenue.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,576
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Ilovelife123 wrote:
https://www.hsn.com/products/the-beauty-spy-2-pack-tropical-edition-ez-foot-peeling-/20842489

I’m underwhelmed, but I hope everyone loves it!

Her whole line underwhelmes me. I have tried so many products and only one or two have been good.

 

The reviews on any of her products are not great. There are so many great lines out there that HSN could carry instead. She is on a lot and I don't understand why they keep pushing her products.


@MG Chris   I agree completely.  This entire line is absolutely underwhelming.  For me, it's even worse than that; I just don't trust that brand vendor or her products.  My guess is HSN can get this product for pennies, and mark it up for higher revenue.   


Same with Nakery, had a lot of potential, but tons of very poor reviews. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,971
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28


@Shelbelle wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Ilovelife123 wrote:
https://www.hsn.com/products/the-beauty-spy-2-pack-tropical-edition-ez-foot-peeling-/20842489

I’m underwhelmed, but I hope everyone loves it!

Her whole line underwhelmes me. I have tried so many products and only one or two have been good.

 

The reviews on any of her products are not great. There are so many great lines out there that HSN could carry instead. She is on a lot and I don't understand why they keep pushing her products.


@MG Chris   I agree completely.  This entire line is absolutely underwhelming.  For me, it's even worse than that; I just don't trust that brand vendor or her products.  My guess is HSN can get this product for pennies, and mark it up for higher revenue.   


Same with Nakery, had a lot of potential, but tons of very poor reviews. 


I buy A LOT from HSN. More than just beauty, I buy clothing, shoes, kitchen things, linens, home decor, etc. The only things I have ever returned we're Beauty Spy and Nakery. I had high hopes for Nakery. The way Liz describes her items they sound really great and she uses great sounding ingredients but the products are not that good.

 

It is is too bad because she has products that target real women's issues, such as under boob sweat, or chafing etc but the reviews on said products are just okay. I think she could have filled a real niche if her products were better. 

Her bath products seem to be her best performing but even the scents are getting old. She has had the same scents since she started. 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,344
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28


@MG Chris wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@MG Chris wrote:

@Ilovelife123 wrote:
https://www.hsn.com/products/the-beauty-spy-2-pack-tropical-edition-ez-foot-peeling-/20842489

I’m underwhelmed, but I hope everyone loves it!

Her whole line underwhelmes me. I have tried so many products and only one or two have been good.

 

The reviews on any of her products are not great. There are so many great lines out there that HSN could carry instead. She is on a lot and I don't understand why they keep pushing her products.


@MG Chris   I agree completely.  This entire line is absolutely underwhelming.  For me, it's even worse than that; I just don't trust that brand vendor or her products.  My guess is HSN can get this product for pennies, and mark it up for higher revenue.   


Same with Nakery, had a lot of potential, but tons of very poor reviews. 


I buy A LOT from HSN. More than just beauty, I buy clothing, shoes, kitchen things, linens, home decor, etc. The only things I have ever returned we're Beauty Spy and Nakery. I had high hopes for Nakery. The way Liz describes her items they sound really great and she uses great sounding ingredients but the products are not that good.

 

It is is too bad because she has products that target real women's issues, such as under boob sweat, or chafing etc but the reviews on said products are just okay. I think she could have filled a real niche if her products were better. 

Her bath products seem to be her best performing but even the scents are getting old. She has had the same scents since she started. 

 

 


@MG Chris   Yes!  I now stay away from Beauty Spy and Nakery products, no matter the sales pitch of empty promises.  I actually threw that set of three Nakery TS body creams in the garbage. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,506
Registered: ‎04-15-2012

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle

 

this is random but I see you posted here.

remember I was confused as to why my cash back rebate was rejected and I was thinking maybe because it was a clearance item.

 

nope - it was because I had already reached my limit of seven cash back rebates from the same retailer in one month. 

edit - because the same thing just happened but now I know.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,434
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Beauty Spy TS for HSN, tomorrow, 6/28

That foot peel looks gimmicky.