Honored Contributor

Have you ever gone shopping for beauty items, get home, and love everything?  Very nice when that happens.  Today I needed to go to CVS to pick up a few things so, of course, had to look around the beauty section.  They have really improved the beauty section at my CVS a lot over the last month or so.  I picked up:

Maybelline Lifter Gloss in 005 Petal.  I already have it in Reef but wanted this color too and they were always out.  Its a beautiful mid-tone rosy pink.  Love it.

Maybelline Fit Me translucent pressed powder.  Have heard good things about this powder.  Got home, get out of the car, and promptly dropped it on the ground.  Broke the compact but not the powder.  Think some super glue may do the trick on the compact but if not, I can still use the powder.

Then I went to Ulta.  Now ya'll know I love going there!  I picked up:

Tarte blush in Peaceful.  Its described as a soft nude peach.  It is beautiful.  I love it.

Tarte eye brightener pencil.  I had one from another brand but it was just too bright.

NYX lip pencil - mauve.  This is a backup to one I already have and love.

Milani lip pencil -  spice.  Goes perfect with the Milani lipstick I bought.

Milani lipstick - in 25 Naturally Chic and 29 Teddy Bare - goes with the above spice lipliner.  Naturally Chic is a mid-tone soft coral pink, not bright. Teddy Bare is a rosewood type color.  Wasn't sure if I'd like it but its really nice on.  Not a color I would usually try but glad I did.

ELF highlight brush - what I was using to apply my powder highlighter was not working for me.

That's it!  Think I did pretty good - no e/s palettes!  HAHA

Honored Contributor

@JudyL - Congratulations on some great finds! I've heard of Teddy Bare - a lot of people like it. I'm glad you were able to save your powder. I've heard good things about Elf brushes too But I would have never gotten out without being tempted by a new palette! Enjoy your new goodies!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I get in trouble any time I *look*...LOL

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@JudyL - Congratulations on some great finds! I've heard of Teddy Bare - a lot of people like it. I'm glad you were able to save your powder. I've heard good things about Elf brushes too But I would have never gotten out without being tempted by a new palette! Enjoy your new goodies!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom - I cannot even begin to tell you how I avoided even looking at e/s palettes.  Those and any holiday gift sets that were out.  Didn't even look for them cuz those always get me.

Respected Contributor

I love that Maybelline powder and have been using it for a long time. I really like it under my eyes to set concealer...I just tap a little on with my finger believe it or not. I hope you enjoy it, too, even with the unfortunate broken compact.  

Super Contributor

Hi @JudyL !  I love when that happens (loving everything you purchased) good for you!  I've heard good things about the Maybelline gloss, maybe from you.  Sounds pretty.  I dropped by Ulta as well & tried to stay over on the drugstore side, ha!  Picked up a few things I wanted to try, NYX Lift & Snatch eyebrow pen, Eyebrow glue and 2 LA Girl intense eye liners.  I believe they are all under $5 each, so I did good.  One of the eye liners is flesh toned to line the bottom rim, similar ( I think) to the Tarte one you picked up.  I can't seem to find my tarte one so giving this a try.  They are pretty dry, not easy to smudge so they say.  I have to use eye drops so this will test them out.

Also bought Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Stick in Roach.  Always used their liners, this is a first with the shadow stick.  Was surprised to see Laura Mercier at Ulta.  Was going to buy the caviar stick in CoCo instead but didn't.  I think @monicakm mentioned Sephora is having a 20% off sale soon, can't remember when though.  Have some things picked out just in case.  Enjoy your new goodies, let us know how they go!   

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

You are on a roll lately girl!  How do you keep from going to the "other side"? (g)

Honored Contributor

@monicakm well technically I did go to the "other side" at Ulta cuz I bought the Tarte blush and eye brightener. LOL  

Honored Contributor

Congrats on all your fun finds!  I can never just look --- it always gets me into trouble!  I have to pick up some new little treasure --- not that I need anything but everything is just so intriguing!  I feel so good when I come home with a new little goody to try out! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin