Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Question for Mature Beauties

@Elliot Grace,    I am 67 and use Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer that gives light coverage.  She offers her tinted moisturizer in regular, oil-free and illuminating.  I use her Secret Concealer which is creamy and does not crease.  Laura's tinted moisturizer is the best I have found and offers many different undertones.  Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman-Marcus all sell it and some Macys.  You can also purchase online at her website.  Laura has lovely products and she also has a cream blush, if you prefer.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

After 60, less is more.... less makeup entirely.  I like just applying my creams, serums and sunscreen and putting on just a bit of blush, undereye concealer and lip with a bit of mascara.  No eye shadow,, no foundation, no powders.  My face looks fresh and real. Not doll like and emphasizing every line etc. 

Contributor

Kat- great line. Love it. This is, definitely, added to the ever-growing list. Smiley Happy
Contributor

Sea- this is how my mom feels, entirely. She's never dyed her hair- says she's proud she's gotten old enough to even have it Smiley Happy Just looking for something to give her a little more "even-ness," not accentuate her lines, and a way with as few products as possible to make her feel as beautiful as she felt the other day. I keep telling her- if you think THIS was pretty, wait til I get the right products!
Contributor

You are so sweet to help your mom, I wish i still had mine.  My mom only wore lipstick and we teenagers at the time use to doll her up with foundation, and mascara.  she was gorgeous with or without.   But to try to guide you a bit, i am 52 and have dry skin and i recommend Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum Spf 20 they have 14 shades and it has a dewey feel but drys down nice.  God bless you