Contributor

Beauty Question for Mature Beauties

Hi! I don't think I've been here since Beauty Banter, so bear with me. My mother is a 66 (67??) y/o stunningly beautiful woman who has, her entire life, given to her children, husband, friends, fellow church-goers, and strangers without ever asking, or expecting, anything in return. Her skin care and makeup consist of one cream, (I forced her to buy Miracle Worker years ago- go me!) and drug store cosmetics (which are fine, but don't do her beauty justice). I did her makeup about a week ago, and she loved it. I used some of her makeup in conjunction with some of mine- about 6 products in all. She loved it so much, we went to Target and bought dupes for some of my more expensive makeup. Even though I got an okay result, I wasn't thrilled with either the coverage or consistency of the face products (foundation and concealer). She leans more towards dry skin- especially under the eyes, which are also crepey, and now very deep-set.. She has many fine lines and deeper wrinkles, as her four children have put her through the ringer- believe me (of course, not me- I'm a perfect angel- hah!). Have you mature ladies found a light- medium coverage foundation and concealer that glides over crepey skin, light age spots, and lines/ wrinkles? Not asking for a miracle, I just want my best friend to, finally, feel beautiful and invest a little love in herself. It has to be, max, two products for face, and, preferably, cost-efficient (she's very practical- of course, I'll be more than happy to buy them). Also, would you ladies go cream blush or powder? She uses a loose Bare Minerals now. Last question- have you found a "highlighter" that is zero "shimmer/ glitter," and just a beautiful, luminous light? Thank you so much, my loves. I'm a night-shift RN so will do my very best to check for responses ASAP. <3
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Question for Mature Beauties

Woman Sad I'm 63 and don't consider myself having mature skin (yet). Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Powder is not a good choice, try a tinted moisturizer. At Kohls I bought something called, Balm Shelter by the Balm. It has a SPF 18, hydrates and covers. The tube was $25, 2 oz, a little goes a long way.....this will last me forever. I use it on days I don't put on a "full face" of make up on.

Contributor

Thank you, Panda Smiley Happy 🐼
Honored Contributor

I don't think I have a complete answer to all of your concerns for your mother, but I want to make a recommendation for the Cover Girl Line of foundations.  They have quite a few which are geared for mature skin and they do a very nice job.   They address the dryness, fine lines, and coverage issues.  CVS, Walgreens --- any of these places have a nice selection.  

You are such a wonderful daughter to help your mother this way!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

Aw, thank you so very much. She's my heart. I will stop by this week to check out Cover Girl! Xx
Honored Contributor

I think it is great your helping your mom find the right products , i agree on the tinted moisturizer, get spf of 30.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

I am 64 and have some of the same issues. I like the IT CC cream and concealer with the no more pores face powder. It gives a beautiful finish and has a high SPF and good ingredients for the skin. I really like it and she might too!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Elliot Grace Your Mother is endearing & a compassionate women by your discription. I can see why you hold her so dear to your heart & why you want the best for her.                                                                                                                                                                  I can suggest Neutrogena Hydro Tint foundation which is a ligh/med coverage foundation with a natural not matte finish. It gets good reviews for mature women. Sold at Ulta or Walgreens etc. For a undereye comcealer...Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, has many shades...sold a most DS stores as well as Target.. If you need a affordable face primer also, I would suggest Hard Candy. They have many different formula's for skintypes. Sold at Walmart. Just a suggestion for her undereyes...after she applies her cream, let that set then use the primer & pat it on under eyes...then her concealer. Then,use a bit more primer after concealer sets  which will help blur her lines. As far as blushes, Elf has some good cream blushes as well as NYX & Milani powder blushes are good as well. Good Luck in your searchSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

I am the same age as your mother. for a long time I used a combo of Reclaim by Victoria Principal and Clarins. the super restorative line is beautiful for over 60. They make a tinted moisturizer that I have used for 10 years or more. Super Restorative Tinted Cream. It comes in 3 shades but I get shade 01 on strawberrynet. (very fair)

I use a tinted gel for a blush and love it. I got the Hard Candy one but it is now discontinued. Sephora has tinted gel blush on sale now. I hope it is not discontinued.

for a real foundation- I love Chantecaille Future Skin or Chanel Vitalumere Aqua. I sheer it out quite a bit. big splurge. get sample!

You really can't go wrong with Reclaim. 10 products for 120. in the kit. It is similar to Serious Skin Care Reverse Lift. I also love Perlier (or Guerlain) honey products for a change or boost.

for eyeshadow and lips there is a new line in Butter London- a serum eyeshadow and lip oil that is great for older women. at ulta.

hth

ps. I love the Reverse lift clay mask and replenishing lift mask combo from SSC. that is amazing for my dry old self.lol. a very effective combo.