Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 2/14/2020

I bought a duo pack of Pantene shampoo with the 3 minute miracle conditioner as it was on sale. These were manufactured in late 2019 so they are still fresh. They replace items I tossed or donated.

I also bought two new Maybelline lip liners in Pink Wink to replace a Rimmel and Essence lip liner pencils that I tossed out.

I also bought a Hada Labo GokuJyun hyalauronic essence toner from T&T Supermarket. This is an unscented skincare product made in Japan.

I also bought the new L'Oreal Age Perfect serum foundation in the shade 10 Ivory. This is just an OK light coverage foundation and I found it will show any flakiness on your skin so you must exfoliate before using this. In the U.S. this is marketed as having an SPF 50. In Canada this isn't marketed as having sunscreen in it but the ingredient deck shows that this does have sunscreen ingredients in it. Sometimes brands will sell cosmetics here without marketing it as having sunscreen in it in order to get the product quickly to market as Health Canada bureaucracy can make it difficult for sunscreens to get approved for sale in Canada.

I decided to buy the matching concealer in the shade Ivory and the powder blushes in rosewood and mauve -- those are all very nice.

Lastly I bought a silicone sheet mask with ear pieces to hold paper sheet masks in place from Sephora. This makes it easier to walk around or do anything else but lie down when using a sheet mask on your face. I also bought a silicone scrubby tool/jar spatula tool from Sephora too.

Honored Contributor

@TY   If you ever get the chance, check out Kylie Cosmetics at ULTA specifically her blushes.  Long lasting and she has nice selection of shades and it is under $20.  I own the palest pink and it really is a nice size compact.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

Lastly I bought a silicone sheet mask with ear pieces to hold paper sheet masks in place from Sephora. This makes it easier to walk around or do anything else but lie down when using a sheet mask on your face. I also bought a silicone scrubby tool/jar spatula tool from Sephora too.

@TY   The silicone sheet mask thing...what brand is it?  Sounds interesting.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I've had the Natasha Denona Lila eyeshadow palette on my Sephora wish list for quite awhile, but have never been about to pay $129.00 for it.  Have just left it sitting on my wish list, hoping it would go on sale.  It finally did, and it's $89.00, so I used a gift card I had that had about $75.00 left on it and put it towards the palette.  So paid less than $20 out of pocket.  I'm excited for it to get here.  I really hope I like it.  It has almost a 5-star rating, so that's encouraging. 💜

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

The silicone sheet mask is a Sephora Collection brand and it is in a lavender foil package where Sephora sells their makeup brushes.

It’s called Keep on masking Face Mask holder and it’s washable and reusable. You can also use this mask with your own skin care lotions or mask products.

The mask holder says on the back of the package that it’s a glitter mask holder. There is no loose glitter on this mask... the glitter looks to be embedded in the silicone mask like how you would see this on a toy. You cannot feel any glitter particles on the mask either. I think you can find dupes for this on Amazon too. I bought this in store and it was $13 CDN.

Respected Contributor

I just purchased two of the Too Faced Eye Shadow palettes.....love those things. 

Valued Contributor

physicians formula argan oil bush 

Laura Gellar's Double take powder baked foundation

ybf eyebrow pencils [2]

clinique 5 pack lipsicks . Dr. Teals spearmint Eucalyptus shower gel [32 oz]

Dr. Teals Chamomile shower gel [32 oz

Dr, Teals Spearmint.Eucalyptus body oil [3 pack ]

Belles Eazy Peazy dup Foundation in light.

caty from ma.