Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 11/29/19

@chgobrsfan wrote:

@Shanus  Thank you very much. Do you use SkinCeuticals CE & Ferulic Serum?  I have mature, dry skin. Do you feel this is really worth the price?  I haven't tried SkinCeuticals Vit C because of it's price. 

@chgobrsfan   Although that one is the recommended Vit. C serum by most derms, I'm not comfortable paying upwards of $166. At present, I'm using Obagi Professional C  serum 20% and alternating w/ the Skinceuticals. If I don't see a significant difference, I'll stay w/ the Obagi C. It's available on one or both of those sites....comes in 10%, 15% & 20% strengths. Hope that helps. My skin's mature at 71 and dry in colder weather, but oily in t zone in warmer months. Since I've been using the highest % of prescription Retin A for so long, other acids and the Skinsceuticals Vit. C & E, I went right to the 20% Obagi serum. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee Wrote~ 

The e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer is pretty fab I must say!  The texture of the product is like a dry cream sort of thing, but not powdery, it's hard to explain. I actually applied it using a flat-top buki and my brush felt completely dry afterwards...weird. You don't need much at all. Made my skin very smooth and it also seemed to blur out pores and fine lines, too. Gave my skin a satin look, not matte or shiny...just right. The primer is said to be a very close dupe for Tatcha's Silk Canvas Balm. 

@SilleeMee ~

Hey ~ I use ELF HD Mattifying Balm, and use a flat top brush to apply.  If you have used both, can you tell me what the difference is between the Balm & the Putty?  Thanks ~ Mistic

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

@Mistic ,

I've never used that Balm so I don't know how it compares with the Putty. I know exactly what you are talking about because I just looked at it today. I'm in love with the Putty. It works so well! Makeup stays put and still looks fresh at the end of the day. It's hydrating, too! My Walmart carries it so I can get it there without paying shipping. That Putty is $8 !

Respected Contributor

Thank You.  For $8?  It will be in my cart as I have used up most of my Balm, and I had a heck of a time finding it in the forst place..  Anxious to try the Putty.  Smiley Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Serum Foundation.  Bobbi Brown Yeah!!!Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks for your thoughts as I value your opinion. I had heard/read that having Ferulic Acid in your Vit C is  a good thing. Unfortunately Obagi Vit C doesn't have that ingredient in theirs. Plus I think they add fragrance in theirs also. That usually doesn't agree with me. I sure hope it works for you. So much cheaper. 

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

Thank You.  For $8?  It will be in my cart as I have used up most of my Balm, and I had a heck of a time finding it in the forst place..  Anxious to try the Putty.  Smiley Happy

@Mistic 

Today e.l.f. dot com has free shipping for everything. I just went there and bought two more Puttys! TopCashBack rebate is more than Walmart so I got a win-win!