Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 11/29/19

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I compared prices the other day at Nordstrom v. QVC.  I was looking at beauty items on sale and they had this product that is for the face (lifts the face I guess), anyway Nordstrom had it for $20 less.

@Katcat1   Out of curiosity, both sale/clearance prices or regular priced item?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Went in a L'Occitane shop and bought the nice Almond gift set for a Christmas present.  

@MarthaStewardess   The same set Q offered? Would love to compare pricing.

No, not the same as anything I've seen on QVC.  This one was $79.  I got a 10% discount and a little gift with purchase bag with 8 or 9 items in it.  Lol, plus no shipping!

Respected Contributor

Aveda's having 20% off this week so I replenished all my products. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  When I was on Nordstrom site, I selected Beauty Sale items so it was on sale at Nordstrom and regular price on the Q.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

OMG! I purchased WAY TOO MANY things this week (because all the Black Friday deals). 

I placed an order from Ulta, one from Sephora, and one from BH Cosmetics.  I got some eyeshadow palettes from BH. I figured that willl make good presents for the teens on my list.

And I got an Origins set, It's a 10 hair product, and Real Technique brushes, Juvias Place eyeshadow palette form Ulta.

Then I got a Smashbox gift set, two Bite Beauty lip sets, and a Belief skincare set from Sephora.

I definitely got way too much stuff.  I will definitely have to go on a NO BUY after this holiday season.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a few beauty items this week as they are on clearance at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I bought a Milani 6 pan eyeshadow palette for my daughter and a Quo eyeshadow quad palette as well. I also bought a Milani pink blush for myself and one for my daughter and I also bought a couple of lipsticks. Revlon is discontinuing their gel lipsticks in Canada and so I picked up one in 765 Blossom which is an orchid shade. I also bought another Rimmel limited edition lipstick in shade 086 Sugar Plum which is a frosted orchid shade. Lastly I also bought a Revlon Candid banana concealer. The items for my daughter will be stocking stuffers for Christmas.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus Would you be willing to share which website you purchased Skinceuticals/Obagi?  I use those products also and am always looking for a discount from a reputable website. There are not many websites that offer discounts that can be trusted to sell authentic products. Tks.

Honored Contributor

@chgobrsfan wrote:

@Shanus Would you be willing to share which website you purchased Skinceuticals/Obagi?  I use those products also and am always looking for a discount from a reputable website. There are not many websites that offer discounts that can be trusted to sell authentic products. Tks.

@chgobrsfan   If this doesn't get deleted...here goes:

Lovelyskindotcom and Skinmarketdotcom

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you very much. Do you use SkinCeuticals CE & Ferulic Serum?  I have mature, dry skin. Do you feel this is really worth the price?  I haven't tried SkinCeuticals Vit C because of it's price. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not exactly a beauty product, but something I use daily with my Mycellar water (and make-up mistakes) are the Walgreens brand of cotton balls and squares. I just stocked up last Friday because they are the most absorbant, thickest and also the softest I've ever used. I also purchased another tube of B&BW body cream in the Rose scent.