Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases week ending 1/10/20

Hi Beauties,  Are any of you taking advantage of all the after Christmas sales?  I did not purchase any beauty items this past week.  I have been busy organizing and cleaning my apt. (no fun week).

Share your purchases and have a great weekend!  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week ending 1/10/20

@Katcat1  My tried and true Blinc mascara. Also, Bath and Body works was having a great sale so I stocked up on body cream.

Super Contributor

As it happens, my DD discovered “IT cosmetics” through a sample she received.

So, for Christmas I looked on Amazon/Ebay for CC cream.

Discovered Ebay is great! (was not an ebay buyer prior).

I became captivated by the low prices, fast shipping, etc.

In last few weeks I’ve purchased 3- full sized CC cream, the jar of redness coverup,

sample sizes of  IT moisturizer and other shades of  iT CC cream,

full sized IT primer....

and lip glosses *smiley by riley* or something like that.

A bulk seller is “bargainport” , who sells the sample sizes.

Anyway, I’m an old hippy who despises make up, but I’ve discovered 

that a  pin drop of CC on my *freckles* (hahaha!) goes a long way!

That and a dash of sheer lip gloss is enough!

Thanks to my DD....I think......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway  did you hear about Bath & Body Works?  They are closing stores.  Now I am not sure if it is selected stores or if they are going out of business.  There are so many stores closing.  I'm worried about the mall by me because so many boutique stores closed.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Erborian BB Creme, as I have the CC Creme and love it.  I think the BB Creme will be great for summer, as it says it has a matte finish.  It was half price at Ulta, so figured I would try it.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I bought some Innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask sheet masks from Walmart Canada and London Drugs in the scents rice, acaiberry, and pomegranite. I already own the green tea versions. These are all moisturizing sheet masks that are not heavily scented and they are inexpensive too. At Walmart Canada they sell in store for $2.47 CDN each.

I also bought a new bronzer from Annabelle to replace ones from Quo that I decluttered.

I also bought extra Maybelline Superstay concealers in 05 Ivory as I keep concealers in my purse, home office, my car, travel case, as well as my bathroom. This full coverage concealer seems to do a better job than other concealers I've tried to cover my undereye dark circles.

Respected Contributor

I have a year supply of candles (DD was at bath & body that day) then after holidays got soaps & washes on sale with 20% off so done with that. Saw many gift sets 70% off at walmart & walgreens stock up. I'm good for almost a year now. 

Respected Contributor

We usually go to Bath & Body in the shopping centers the mall is too crowded around the holidays hate to see them go if they are shutting down those stores. I do most shopping in that store on line anyway but nice to go in & smell the products. Guess they opened too many stores in shopping centers which is probably costing too much money to keep them going. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@VenturaHighway  did you hear about Bath & Body Works?  They are closing stores.  Now I am not sure if it is selected stores or if they are going out of business.  There are so many stores closing.  I'm worried about the mall by me because so many boutique stores closed.

@Katcat1  Yes, they said that they will be closing several stores.  I don't believe they are going out of business but who knows? I also heard that some Macy's stores are closing tooWoman Sad  Online shopping is hurting so many places.

I still enjoy shopping and seeing products in person.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Both Bath and Body Works stores that I shop have just redone everything, so maybe that is a good sign. Both are in malls.