Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases week end 9/20/19

Hey Beauties,  Fall is coming next week!  I purchased a couple of things still looking for a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.

Smashbox BB cream - Excellent product as far as cream and finish but shades are so yellow/peach that I will be returning this one.

Bobbi Brown BB cream - Light, spreads easily, beautiful finish.  Shade is light but not as yellow as Smashbox.  I will experiment with it tonight to see if it is a keeper.

I purchased several weeks ago Kylie's blush in a pale pink.  It is perfect for fair/light skin tones.   Very pretty color and it lasts.

How about you?  Any beauty purchases this past week?  Enjoy your weekend.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week end 9/20/19

I visited my hair salon this week for color, so I'm going to call that a beauty purchase.

Regular Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

I visited my hair salon this week for color, so I'm going to call that a beauty purchase.

Yep...me too. I just got my hair done today, color and cut. 

Also I picked up the Moremo water treatment over at HSN.

Honored Contributor

I am a nut case today.  I decided to keep the Smashbox.  I did another test try of it on my face and it is working.  The finish is beautiful.  I am returning Bobbi Brown because the shade is too light.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Just picked up two Clinique Moisture Surge at Ulta today (It's the Beauty Steal of the day). I am keeping one and gifting one.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been on a hunt lately for just the right shade of lipstick. In a berry tone, darker than what I've been wearing: 2 from Nars, 2 from Shisheido, 2 from MAC.

Out of those, this is my favorite:

MAC Burning Love

I always apply w/ a brush, where you get a softer finish.

Honored Contributor

Hi all! Planned to save my money for a haul today at Neiman’s, but did purchase this week:

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Mauve

Buxom Dolly lipgloss

Tweezerman tweezers

New lash curler (Maybelline)...can’t purchase refills

anymore...need to get new curler w/ 2 extra pads

Aveda huge Shampure Body Wash on 20% sale (store &

online...everything!!!!!)

Honored Contributor

Good morning @Harpa . Would love some berry tone lip colors. What other shades did you find? Love the MAC one.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Facial Flex thing and used it for the first time yesterday. I couldn't even make it to the 2-minute mark...LOL! Woman LOLFelt like my face was going into a cramp mode...LOL! Woman LOL I'm sure it will get easier as I get to using it everyday. But still, I wasn't expecting it to be that hard.

Valued Contributor

My auto-ship Quip toothbrush refil came in the mail yesterday, does that count LOL. 

Just this morning ordered two colors of the new formula Nars Sheer lipstick. Will post next week after I have a chance to see them and try out this new formula.