Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week end 4/9/20

Good morning, Ladies!

I ordered shea butter body lotions and shower gels from Bath & Body Works online.  I really tried not to have to order anything online, but I'm on my very last bottle of travel-size lotion.  Plus, I had bought some shower gel at the grocery store that gave me a rash, so I've been using my husband's BBW shower gel.   As soon as my order arrives, I'm set for the summer.  

Stay home and stay safe!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

OMG!!! $35 FOR 1 LIPSTICK!!!

CRAZY! 

@Chi-town girl 

OP asked for beauty purchases made during the week.  Not for someone to hijack the thread with personal opinions, right?

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I actually had a credit so I did not pay anything.  People buy and pay what they want because it is their money.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@TY  Years ago, I did a road trip with my husband to Toronto but we stopped in Cambridge and other towns on the way.  We really had a good time.  Canada is beautiful country.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Right now it is on sale at Nordstrom and if you don't like it, free returns.  I am very happy with it.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Revlon Insta-Blush in Berry Kiss-Diggin out the bottom of that one.

MAC Russian Red Lipstick--won't be without it. Putting that on in the morning makes me feel complete even tho no one sees it but me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Too Faced Gold Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow palette....the Too Faced Gingerbread Eyeshadow palette and several Revlon lip glosses.

Having so much fun with my makeup.

Edited to add.....I also purchased the upcoming Philosophy TSV........sooooo happy to see this. A perfect TSV.

Valued Contributor

I purchased The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid (sephora has free shipping with no minimum purchase).  I wanted to add some extra hydration to my skin, but this seems to be doing the opposite ☹️. It might be operator error, but I did apply it to damp skin and then put my moisturizer on over the top to ‘seal’ it in.  

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss - I've gotten some moisturizers with Hyaluronic Acid in them too and like you, they seem to make my skin even more dry. They feel good when I first put them on in the evening, but then by morning, my skin feels dry and tight. I've heard that the HA can actually draw moisture out of your skin if the air is very dry. I don't know if that's true or not, but that's how it feels to me. I don't plan to try any more products with HA in them. 

Valued Contributor

@rnmom - Good to know that it’s not just me. I’ll be avoiding anything with HA going forward. Thank you for sharing your experience.