Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases week end 2/21/2020

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties,  I hope you all had a great week.  I did some shopping online.

Fresh Brown Sugar parfum (this scent is awesome with sweetness & lemon).  A warm,inviting scent to add to my collection of Fresh parfums.

Two hand-poured lipsticks by Color The World (30% off sale)

Acure Volume shampoo

Acure Radically Rejuvenating Marula & Rose Serum Stick

Acure coconut cleansing towelettes

I love this new Serum Stick by Acure.  My skin is soft and very hydrated (it's for the neck too).  I hope you have been shopping.  Share your purchases.

Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases week end 2/21/2020

Much to the detriment of my credit card, I stopped by the Chanel counter on Monday.  Purchased two red lipsticks, one in a soft glossy formula and one a bit more matte. I had cleaned out my lipstick stash and found I was lacking in the red department!  Also picked up a new peachy blush called 'in love' because I saw it on a You Tuber and it looked SOOO good.  Really complements the red lip.  Oh and the new Volume de Chanel mascara in brown - re launched as part of their spring summer desert themed colors.  I did refrain from getting any more eye shadows, so some restraint was exercised!  

In the last two years, they've discontinued my favorite foundation - Lift Lumiere - at Chanel and my go to back up, IT Confidence in a Compact as well.  I just ordered the IT compact from Ebay. 

But I'm now on the hunt for a new foundation.  I've purchased two drug store foundations this week hoping they would work and each one has been a bust.  I had heard good things about Elf so picked up one of those and the L'oreal Infallible. The immediate splotchy- ness on my face and inability to blend these two were a disaster.  I'll have to give them away to relatives.  I'm thinking the poor result might be due to the skin care items I use in the AM,  

Any help with foundation with medium coverage that helps to blur and fill in fine lines, wrinkles and some texture would be appreciated.

Respected Contributor

I bought the following:

Tarte shape tape concealer plus a mini size of the same

Tarte busy gal brow gel

The HSN beauty box that sold out last night - good deal

Martino Cartier you had me at hello hair spray - the mini was in the beauty box and I love it so ordered the full size

Mad hippie vitamin c serum - to add to the my travel beauty kit, going on a trip Sunday

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10  You may want to try No 7 foundations which are at Target or Walgreens.  I shop at Target because it seems the selection is larger and you can return if it doesn't work out.  They have several different foundations and even a tinted moisturizer so check it out and it is reasonably priced but a quality product.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  How do you like the eyebrow gel?  i have eyebrows but with age I could fill in.  I appreciate your comments on the Tarte gel.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Placed an order today to replenish my supply!

Suzanne Organics Shower Gel (Wild orange vanilla)

Suzanne Organics Body Lotions (2) in wild orange vanilla

Suzanne Organics lipstick (Honey Glow)

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday All!

This week I purchased:

Hourglass Mini Brow pencil-love it! will buy full size

Hourglass Mini Powder-very nice-not sure if I would purchase large size-probably not...

Tarte Shapetape Concealer and Glow Wand-love love love! will absolutely repurchase!

Tha's it for me, have a great weekend! 

Honored Contributor

Got new spf from Lancome and then got a bonus or lipsticks, blush , eye cream and day cream. Haven't tried this brand before-------

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Grouchomarx  How do you like the eyebrow gel?  i have eyebrows but with age I could fill in.  I appreciate your comments on the Tarte gel.

I really love this eyebrow gel. My brows have gotten more sparse with age and this is a swish swish product and my brows look fuller and more even. I have lost my patience with pencils, I go to this one every day.

Honored Contributor

I rounded out this week by purchasing L'Occitane Almond Shower Gel & Hand Cream (A352324).  I've been wanting to try the Almond Shower Oil for a long time & found this duo last night.

Have any of you used the Almond Shower Oil?  If so what do you think about it?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.